Chapter 19

Oh my gosh! Thank you so much! 2K views is amazing, and I really appreciate it. Right now I am at my grandparents house, and when I saw that I had hit 2K, I litterally started jumping up and down in the living room. I can't even begin to say how thankful I am to all of you guys for making this possible. When I first started this story, I didn't know where I was going with it, and I didn't really expect it to get many views. I have now been proven wrong. Thank you guys.

I didn't go to any of my other classes for the rest of the day. I knew I would be in trouble with dad, but I didn't really care. I was hurt, and the tears wouldn't stop. I cried for hours on end, and the only way I knew that was because dad ran into the room, looking furious.

"Why weren't you in classes this afternoon? I was worried sick!" He exclaimed, looking toward the couch where I was curled up into a tight ball. It was a defense technique that I had frequently used at the orphanage. I looked toward where he was standing, and as soon as he saw the state I was in, the anger melted from his eyes, and he opened his arms. I got the message, and ran into them. I held on tight, not wanting to let go.

"What has got you like this Leighlah?" He asked into my hair.

Harry. He said something and it brought back memories I had tried to forget. I just lost it. I couldn't even stay for the beginning of Defense! Dad what am I going to do?

"I don't know, but right now I would suggest going to clean up. We have to be in the great hall in ten minutes for Dumbledore's announcement." He said. I nodded, and walked over to my room. When I entered the bathroom, I looked in the mirror. I looked horrible. My eyes were red and puffy, and bloodshot. There were tear stains running down my face, and my nose was running. It was kind of disgusting.

I cleaned up my face, and walked out to where dad was still standing.

"Ready to go?" He asked, grabbing my hand.

Yep! Let's go get this over with. I said, while walking out the door with dad. We walked all the way to the great hall, before we had to split.

"You know I will always be here for you right?" Dad said, pulling me into a hug. I nodded, and we parted ways. Him through a side door that appeared when he touched it, and me through the main doors. Everyone was in there. All years, all houses everyone. Very unlike lunch and breakfast every morning and afternoon. I sat down at the end of the table, and as soon as I had done so, Dumbledore stood up and walked over to the podium.

"There is reason I have called you here for a supper with everyone." Dumbledore began, eyes twinkling like mad.

"I have an exciting announcement! I am glad to announce that we have a parent on staff!" This got the whole of the hall talking excitedly, wondering which teacher was a parent, and looking for any new teachers along the table. Dumbledore cleared his throat, and the hall went silent. "I would like to congratulate Professor Snape on adopting Leighlah Ann, now Leighlah Ann Snape." The entire hall gasped, and turned their heads to me. I shrunk down, and tried to hide among the table and bench... It didn't work. Dumbledore smiled at me, and continued speaking. "I would like to note however, that she is not to be treated any different than anyone else. Just because she is adopted does not give anyone the right to be mean about it. Now, let's get on with our supper shall we?" He said, and all of a sudden the food appeared! I wasn't used to that, seeing as I am always at supper toward the end. I squeaked and fell off the bench in surprise. Everyone laughed, except the Weasley twins. They got up and helped me up. Then they took their seats on either side of me, smiling like idiots.

"So, adopted by ol Snapey, huh?" They asked, still smiling like idiots.

I nodded, seeing as my face was full of food. I looked down at my plate full of potatoes, corn, peppers, lasagna, and a bunch of other foods I can't remember putting on my plate. It was kind of cool to see all the stuff I had put on my plate without even knowing it. Not wanting to talk anymore, I stuffed some potato in my mouth, followed by corn and peppers. It actually tasted pretty good together. I mix some pretty good things together, and they usually taste really good. The twins noticed that I didn't want to talk, so they started going on about the prank they had played on Ron. Turns out they had turned his teddy bear into a spider when he was sleeping, so when he woke up he was cuddling a hairy spider instead of a bear. That would explain why he is afraid of spiders. 

After the main course food disappeared, a bunch of different deserts appeared in their places! There was cake, pudding, ice cream and everything else you could ever imagine! I piled my plate again, and ate my way through that in a matter of minutes. The twins stared at me wide eyed, and started asking where I put it all.

I don't know. I replied, a sheepish smile on my face. I just eat and somehow have room for more. I find it quite cool actually. It's like I never get full! I think I may have a hollow leg. The twins laughed at that.

Supper ended much quicker than it usually would. I think that was because the twins were keeping me company though. Once we were dismissed, I was the first one to run from the room. I didn't want to risk having anyone hit, kick or do anything along those lines me. Turns out I wasn't fast enough. I ran into the blonde boy Malfoy, and accidently knocked him down.

"Watch it!" He yelled, face turning red in anger.

I looked down, and he sneered. "Well, well, well. Look what we have here. The little Snape girl. What are you going to do? Go cry to daddy?" He said, an evil glint in his eye. I shook my head, and started walking the other way.

"Woah there. Stop right now! I will not allow you to go any further. You are in slytherin territory now, and you are not going to be leaving any time soon." He said, slowly creeping towards me. I started to back up, only to realize that I was up against a wall.

"Night night princess." He said sweetly, before swinging his fist toward the side of my head. Everything went black.