Chapter 36

One certain day

"I'm late." I muttered as I entered the conference room.

Thank god meeting hasn't started yet. I went and took my seat. We've got a new project, building a resort in Europe, Italy and today's meeting is all about the project discussion with the board members.

I reviewed the file in front of me and I'm the in charge of this project. Wait! What??

I immediately glared at my husband's direction. He truly is a demon and he plans to murder me by giving me frequent heart attacks. He just smiles at me and I want to break his head. But I don't need to worry, there's no way the board of directors will agree to handing an amateur such a big project. I assured myself and smiled.

As I thought, there was a huge discussion on this and I too said no to this. I mean I'm just learning and it's a big project that too in another continent, I can't take on this big responsibility. But of course my husband had to open his mouth and now there are 2 groups the one supporting him and another opposing his decisions. Well that's not much of a big problem but the thing is there's a rift created between the dad and son too and I'm the one who is feeling guilty.

Home

Dinner

There is a huge awkward silence. I look at mom and plead her to do something.

"Ryuu, didn't I warn you not to bring your office affairs at home?" Mom glared at her husband while I glared at mine.

"What did I do? I know how to keep my personal and professional affairs separately. Why not talk some sense to your son? He's the one who's getting angry for no reason." Dad smiled at her.

Well it's true, Dad's not the one who started the fight. Dad actually just kept his opinion and my arrogant husband declared a war upon him.

"So you doubt my decision?" My husband glared at his dad.

"I do." I raised my hand. "And I am thinking how the hell did you become a no.1 business man? Because letting an amateur handle such a big project you're just out of your mind." I told him exactly what I thought.

"Really? You've handled the company quite well for the past 4 months. You even worked at your dad's office for 2-3 years. After all the big achievements you've made last month, you're still calling yourself an amateur?" He glared at me.

"Okay I may have had my luck but that doesn't mean that I'll head the project? And I did work there but I actually wasn't part of any big project let alone heading it. I mean seriously? You could have given me any other project, why are you staking your dream project on me? I mean it's seriously ridiculous." I raised my voice.

"Yeah and you should understand that I'm letting you handle my dream project and you should know me well by now that I don't do the deals in which I'll bear any kind of loss. I must have seen something in you to let you handle the project? And you're opposing my decision?"

"Ridiculous, I don't have the confidence to do this, why are you being over confident? And you should have discussed with me before announcing your stupid decision. I will not do it." I got up and slammed my hands on the table.

"Actually dad, you're right. When she doesn't have confidence, I am a mad to have faith in her." he got up and went to the room stomping his feet with anger and shut the door with a bang.

I flinched. What's wrong with him? This wouldn't have happened if he discussed with me beforehand. And he's the one who's getting angry? I seriously was trying to best not to have any more fights but all we do is yell at each other. Tears filled my eyes.