Someone who understands

"I want to hold her!!! Please!!! She's so pretty! Can I hold her? Please please please!" She squeals.

I laugh as she jumps up and down.

"Okay, just don't wake her up with that high pitched squeal. I just got her to sleep and I don't want to try to get her to sleep again." I whisper.

"I'll be quiet! Please!" She loudly whispers.

She apparently doesn't have a quiet mode. I roll my eyes and lay a sleeping Amberley in her arms. She smiles widely as she holds me little girl. Biting her bottom lip, she tries to hold in her excitement. Amberley lays her hand on her chest and Anna squeals her very high pitched squeal. Amberley jumps but doesn't wake up. I even jump a little. Wasn't expecting that.

"Shh! Don't wake her!" I whisper sternly.

Anna blushes and give a apologetic smile. She looks at Amberley and then to me.

"I'm sorry. I've never held a baby girl before..." I stood there in shock.

She's the Luna and she's never held a baby girl before? When girls are young, they will usually help with the pups until they have their own. This is weird. Wonder what happened?

"You've never held a baby girl before? Didn't you help with the pups in the pack?" I ask, trying i hide the shock.

Her cheerful face suddenly darkens and  I see a stray tear slide down her cheek. I've have just stumbled upon a very touchy subject...okay. What do I do? Just wave it off, Tara.

"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have asked." I say apologetically. 

She shakes her head and gives a pitiful smile.

"No, it's okay. It's just, I don't share what happened with anyone in the pack except Darius, and even then it's hard. I don't know if I could share it or not with you." She whispers.

I can see that she needs to talk. So I think of something that'll open her up a little bit. I sit in the couch and motion for her to sit next to me. She obeys and stares at me with a confused look. It's silent for a moment but I break it.

"My mate and his pack killed my family. I was alone, and all I wanted was to get revenge. After three years of hiding I decide it was time to live my life. What I didn't expect was to be kidnapped and brought to my mate. And What made thing worse was...I.. I was...raped by my mate's brother. Every chance he got he would....anyway, that's how Amberley came along. through pain and bitterness, my little angel was created." I feel tears prick my eyes but I down let them fall.

I look over to Anna who has a waterfall of tears falling down her face.

"I was taken from my pack by rogues when I was 5 years old. They...used me as their personal toy. They put me in a cage that my whole body took up. I had no clothes. Every night they would come and let me out to....pleasure them. They would chain my arms to the floor. Th-they would hurt m-me. I would scream but no one heard except the men who were hurting me. They had me for 12 years. Then one night, I was screaming as they....you know. I knew no one would hear me. but someone did, Darius. He saved me from those monsters. He taught me how to read and write. He taught me to not be afraid anymore....he taught me that love is more than sex, it's so much more. Love is being there when no one else is. Love is holding you tight when you wake up from a nightmare. Love is being patient and kind. Love is endless." Her story touched my heart.

I feel warm tears falling now. My heart breaks for Anna. She has been through so much and she doesn't complain. She keeps going even though it's hard. And I, well I, tried to kill myself. I'm ashamed of myself. We sit in silence and watch very pea full Amberley sleep.