Chapter 49

Hello everyone, long time no see lol how is everyone doing? As some of you might already know, this story is coming to an end very shortly, but not to worry, I have started my second story here on Wattpad and it's called Freak. I am really excited about it. So, please check that out as well if you want to. Again, thanks for liking my story and giving me your feedback. 

Please give your votes and precious comments to this story! Love you xoxo

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I entered our home, I felt as if it was my first time stepping in there. Although I spent the last five months in this house, it always felt a little foreign, maybe because it was. But now it was different, I felt like it belonged to me and the thought of it made me smile instantly.

'Penny for your thoughts' Farid asked when he joined me in the living room after picking up my bags from the car.

'Nothing' I giggled. I never used to giggle that much. I in fact used to find giggling quite annoying.

'Shall we go in our room?' Farid asked breaking an awkward silence.

'Yeah...' I said nervously, it almost slipped my mind that from now on we'll be sleeping in one room. That thought suddenly got my hands sweaty.

'Wait here for a sec, be right back' Farid stopped me from entering his, I mean our room and ran inside with my bags. When he came back, he quickly picked me in his arm in a bridal style and took me into the room.

'I can walk' I protested but he didn't listen. He placed me gracefully on his bed and when I looked, everything in his room was different. The cold and empty looking room was now replaced with bright colored wallpaper and furniture.

'Your room looks so different now...I mean our room...sorry it's going to take some time getting used to' I smiled apologetically.

'It's all right...I actually never quite liked my old room. I asked Sobia and your mother for color suggestions and Mrs. Ibrahim helped me with the room decor...so yeah...I thought you'll like' He said nervously.

'I like it' I quickly said. We were both feeling very awkward.

'Yeah... I'll go order some food...you can...you know change or whatever...' He quickly said and stepped out of the room. I finally took a deep breath as soon as he left. I should have thought this through...first night after wedding...is it always this awkward...Ya Allah please help me...I prayed.

After taking a long shower and changing into black and gray pajamas set, I felt a little calmer. I went to the living room to look for Farid and saw him standing by the backyard door, looking out into the darkness.

'You okay?' I asked from behind and he shifted to face him, there was a hint of smile on his face.

'What?' I asked again.

'Come here' He extended his hand and I stepped closer to take it.

He turned me around so my back was touching his chest and he secured his arms around me.

'Hi' He whispered in my ear. He smelled so good, husky and woody.

'Hey' I said while searching for the stars in the sky.

'What were you doing here?' Although this silence was comforting, I still wanted to talk to him, to find our what he was thinking.

'You know since the day you left, I had so many things in my head that I wanted to say to you... and now that you're here...I am short on words...' He told me.

I waited for him to continue.

'Well since I have said that... ...Laila...thank you for giving me another chance...I promise you won't regret it' Farid let go of me and came in front of me.

'I know.' I smiled.

'You might have some doubts about us...about me especially...I am reckless and irresponsible...and I get mad easily...but that's why you're perfect for me... you're smart, kind, beautiful, you are my sun, Laila. I'd be lost without you...truly...arghh it's so hard to talk to girls' He laughed.

'Oh yeah, and what about the hundreds of girls you had been with? Was that hard for you too?' I rolled my eyes at him.

'It wasn't hard then...it becomes hard when you're talking to the girl you are crazy about...it becomes hard when it's the girl you're in love with...it becomes even harder when that girl becomes your wife and the thought of her being in your life forever still feels like a dream...it's hard when that girl is standing in front of me and I can't believe how lucky of a bastard I am' He cupped my face and kissed my forehead, leaving me absolutely and irrevocably speechless.

'I know it was cheesy, but I felt like doing it' He chuckled and I laughed out loud.

'You are crazy' I ruffled his hair.

'Say something' He took a deep breath and put me on spotlight.

'What should I say?' I sat down on a sofa in the living room and he followed.

'Anything' He turned to the side to face me, he wasn't giving up.

'Well...it wasn't easy for me...it really hurt when we got apart...but now I am so grateful for everything...I am happy that you didn't give up on us and you stayed by my side and committed yourself to this relationship Farid...and you are right...I do have doubts and its natural but I trust you and I have faith in us...I know we are still young and we are probably going to make many mistakes along the way but the bottom line is that I love you and I will stick with you until the very end...you are my soulmate...you're the first man I ever loved and I won't be able to love anyone else after you' I told him and he pulled me into him.

'Farid...' Before I could say anything further, he crashed his lips into mine and the rest of the night...I honestly don't remember...all I know that some poor guy ended up ringing up our doorbell to deliver our food, but no one answered.