The Aphorisms of AlternateAnanda

Once a simpleton comes to visit the renowned guru AlternateAnanda, who always has a different view of everything, from nothing to everything.

"What do you want son?" asks AlternateAnanda.

"I have some questions on religion" says the simpleton.

"I will tell you what you need to know, in the form of aphorisms" says AlternateAnanda, rushing to pre-empt a potential protégé. He then passes on a great treasure trove of knowledge - in the form of aphorisms.

1. Then therefore the enquiry into legion

Here the simpleton asks "Oh no! Then therefore once again?'"and this leads to the next aphorism.

2. That's why it is religion

says AlternateAnanda. 'What do you mean? What are you suggesting?' asks the simpleton. He doesn't understand if his master's language skills are poor or if he has transcended the constraints of language. He thinks the master is using re incorrectly, but refrains from asking him for fear of more aphorisms. His restraint goes in vain, as AlternateAnanda moves ahead to the next aphorism anyway.

3. Of all that agree to stand by the same concoctions

says AlternateAnanda. "God!" exclaims the simpleton, leading to the next aphorism. Here we must note that the simpleton utters a unique name called 'God' which shows that he sees it as a separate entity from something that comes later. Many people will interpret this differently in the future though. Also, by saying concoction, AlternateAnanda talks about stuff that is cooked up.

In the times to come, some will use concoction to emphasize how without multiple ingredients, a concoction will never be a reality, while some others will say it is only an inferential illusion of multiplicity, as water and boiling water are merely different states of the same water. Boiling water can never be made by adding bubbles to water, they will say. Let's leave it to them to break their heads.

4. That too

says AlternateAnanda. "Oh! man" exclaims the simpleton.

5. That too

says AlternateAnanda. Here it may be noted that Aphorisms 4 and 5 are the same and 6 will be too. Some will infer that the ultimate truth is one, and this is what the author intends to convey. Some others will see them as one.

"What's the matter with you man?" asks the simpleton, out of sheer disrespect.

6. That too

says AlternateAnanda. It must be noted that AlternateAnanda's intention is to say that he recognises all three. However, in the future, some people will interpret it as 4 must be seen as God, 5 as man and 6 as matter. Others will harp on to three 'That too's to establish it is all the same. It doesn't matter.

What matters is, AlternateAnanda also aligns with the people from other systems that the underlying components of existence are three - man, matter and God. He doesn't want to complicate subjects that he already doesn't know anything about. That's what we like about him. He takes the stupid part of Keep It Simple Stupid very seriously.

What 'that too, that too, that too?' asks the simpleton.

7. That's that, and, said thrice

says AlternateAnanda. He is not implying anything from an epistemological standpoint, but is irritated that he is having to repeat the same thing thrice.