Chapter 11

Drake's POV

I see Mac leave the bedroom, "She's sleeping." He tells me and I nod. "She really is something else, do you think she will be ok, carrying twin Alphas?" He asks me, worry clear in his eyes. I sigh, "I dunno, Mac.I am worried about her too, but she is so damn strong. I wish there was a way to change her, I would feel better about it. Plus, I don't want to outlive her. Humans are too fragile and their lives are painfully short. I mean, my Dad is four hundred and he is nowhere near done. Kat may only make it to eighty and that is not enough time for me and I am sure Garrett feels the same way. I wish it was like all those books, where you just bite them and they change." Mac chuckles, "Those books are the bane of my existence." I chuckle at him and nod, "But it does help in the 'getting laid' department." He grins and I shake my head at him. 

"I know of a witch, a very old very powerful witch, I could call her and find out if something can be done if you want." Mac suggests as Garrett rounds the corner. "Find out about what?" He asks. "Making Kat a wolf or at least letting her age slowly like us." He nods, "I would have to agree. See what you can find out and we can all talk to Kat about it." Mac salutes us and walks off. I look at Garrett, "She is sleeping, Mac was in there for a while talking to her. She seems better and I have to say, I am quite excited about the twins."  He laughs, "As am I, Drake. Kitten is going to have her hands full, that is for sure." 

It's almost dinner time and I go to our room to see if Kat is up, so she can eat. Food is going be very important to her and the babies. I poke my head in and see her sitting up in the middle of the bed. She looks up at me and smiles, "Hey there, Handsome." She greets me. I flash her a grin, "Hey yourself, beautiful. Dinner is about ready, are you hungry?" She rolls her eyes, "Starved." I walk over to her and offer her my hand, "Then let's feed you." She takes my hand and I help her up and we head to the dining room. 

Drake smiles as she sits between us, "Hey there, Sweetheart." She winks at him, "Hi, hunny. " He chuckles. "So we have something we would like to talk to you about and whatever you decide is ok with us. OK?" She nods and I fill her a plate. Sitting down in front of her, she throws me a smile and starts to eat, watching us. "Well, we are talking to a witch to see if there is some way to live longer. You see, as werewolves, we live a very long time and age slowly, but humans, not so much." She pauses for a second and then speaks, "You mean, like changing me into a werewolf?" 

"If it is possible, then yes, if not, maybe she can just slow down the aging process so that we don't outlive you.  You see, humans live maybe eighty or so years, whereas we live close to six or seven hundred. The oldest living wolf is a thousand and two." Her eyes grow wide, "How old are you two?" Drake and I both laugh, "We are only thirty-six, Kitten." I tell her and she sighs, "Good, I am no gold digger." She jokes. I shake my head, "Mac knows a witch and he going to talk to her and see what our options are if any." She nods, "I will do anything to stay with you both for as long as I can. But what about the babies?" Drake takes her hand, "As long as they have at least one werewolf parent, they are werewolves. The genes in us are strong and especially since we are Alphas. No worries there." She lets out a sigh, "Good." 

After dinner, we all headed up to bed. Kat was still healing, but doing much better. We all cuddled up in bed and fell asleep in no time. I was woken up in the middle of the night by Kat's crying. I looked at her and she was still sleeping but tears were streaming down her face. "Kat, sweetheart. Wake up." I gently shook her and her eye fluttered open, she looked around the room, her eyes met mine and the tears there, broke me. "What is it, my love?" She buried her head in my chest, "It was just a bad dream, I am ok. I'm sorry I woke you." I cup her face and bring it up to look me in eyes, "Never be sorry, I am always here for you. I love you, Kat." More tears fall as she takes a shaky breath, "I love you, too, Drake. You and Garrett mean the world and then some to me." She curls back into me and I hear her breathing even out, telling me that she has gone back to sleep. 

Early the next morning, the alarm blares, jolting me awake and I find myself alone in our bed. I look around and Kat and Garrett are gone. I shoot up and look around, the shower has been freshly used and their scents are only a few minutes old, Kat's is older than Garrett's, telling me she got up first. I smell food cooking and smile, she is cooking breakfast. I rush through a shower and throw on jeans and a tee shirt then hurry down the stairs to see Kat dancing around the kitchen, lost in her own world and a very amused looking Garrett standing there watching her. I walk up to him, "How long have you been spying on our little mate?" He smirks at me, "About ten minutes. I woke up and she was gone, but I smelled food, so I rushed through a shower and found her like this." I chuckled quietly, "Me, too" He snickers. 

She is softly singing and dancing to an old 'N'SYNC' song and cooking up a storm. Mac comes in and we both shush him, he joins us watching Kat dance and cook. She finishes her song and turns and squeals, "You perverts! How long have you been there?"  We all laugh, "Don't be embarrassed, sweetheart, you're a great dancer." I tell her and Drake nods, "Yeah and everyone loves 'N'SYNC'. "She glares at the three of us, "Mac, I thought you were better than that."  He shakes his head, "No you didn't, Kitty." She sighs and sets a bunch of food on the counter, "Alright, you heathens, come eat." There was quite a spread, cheesy omelets, waffles, bacon, fresh fruit, and coffee.

We each load up a plate and sit at the smaller table in the kitchen. "Alright, Mac, whatcha got?" I ask. Mac nods, "Irene says she can help, but she needs to meet with all of you first. Don't ask me why, you know how witches are." Drake speaks up, "When and where?" Mac rubs the back of his neck, and Kat catches it, "Don't get all nervous on me, Mac. What is it?" He sighs, "She would like to be a welcomed and invited guest of the pack house for at least a month." She taps the table, "What else, you aren't telling everything, out with it." She cocks an eyebrow at him. I chuckle internally, she's such a great Luna. "It's just, Irene can be, um, a little much." Kat raises the other eyebrow, telling him to continue, "For fuck sake, she's batshit crazy, ok? Witches are all a little off, but Irene takes the cake." He throws his hands up in the air and Kat laughs, "All women are crazy, Mac. I am sure we will live, although, you, she may turn into a toad." He pales and that just makes her laugh harder.  

Irene arrived the next morning, and Mac was right, she was a few bats short of a belfry. She was a tiny woman with wild, snow white hair and her eyes were an eerie purple.  "Hello, Irene, I am Garrett, this Drake, and this is-" She cuts me off, "I know very well who all of you are, but let me see the girl, Kathrine." She shoves past Drake and me, Mac rolls his eyes. She stops in front of Kat and looks her over, from top to bottom, then stares into her eyes. Kat's eyes dilate and she is frozen in place for a few seconds before Irene takes a step back. She nods, "You'll do. I can help you, but it won't be easy, especially with you being pregnant, those two are going to give you a run for your money. I hope you are ready for that." Kat's face breaks out into a brilliant smile. "I have never had easy, so that is nothing new." Irene hums, "Well, being married to a tool like Brad, I don't expect so. You know, I knew your parents and you when you were a baby. Always knew you were special. Don't worry, your babies will be fine, tough werewolves, Alphas at that, they will be fine. Do you want to know what they will be?" 

Drake jumps in, "Yes!" Irene looks at Kat and she nods, "One of each, boy and girl. Both will grow big and strong in mind and body. Your children, all of them, are destined for greatness." She turns and looks at each of us and nods, "I will do well here, Drake you are a good man, strong in heart and mind. You love fully and without reservation. Garrett, you are also a good man, sometimes you let your pride get in the way of your feelings, but those closest to you are better for having you. Mac, you will be lucky if I don't turn you into a toad!" Kat chuckles and Irene winks at her.