35. finding his reason to live

I had two different versions of the last chapter and when I posted it seems they both were

I had two different versions of the last chapter and when I posted it seems they both were... posted? The point being, people got different endings. If you want to see the final ending please reload the book or delete and reload. Sorry for the confusion.

Trust me, you'll want to read it ;)

J A Y

I ran home. The café had been closed, meaning I had the whole afternoon to get ready for tonight's event. Apparently Soren was picking me up at 7 o'clock sharp. A smile wouldn't leave my lips. I was being a princess for just one night.

Pulling open the front door my smile faded automatically, every inch of the house context was splayed out in the floor. My footsteps slow I walked through the hallway, peering around for any sign of movement.

Passing the fireplace I grabbed the poker, only noticing that the TV was gone. My phone pressed to my ear, I called the police: "Um—I'm Jay Whiley. I'm reporting a robbery."

"Okay, is there else there with you? How old are you?" The man's voice was extremely calm, I turned and walked into the kitchen, every cupboard was open.

"No, just me. I'm seventeen," the floorboards creaked behind me and I spun around to see nothing, "I... I don't think I'm the only one in the house."

"Is there any way you can get out of the house? We have police coming to your location." He was still so calm as my heart thumped in my ears.

"They—they were looking for something." My eyes traced my cupboards wear all my clothes were pulled out, I licked my dry lips.

"Could you climb out a window?" The officer stated again as a crease formed between my eyebrows, my wardrobe was closed, "Hello? Jay?"

"I--" I pulled the cupboard door open to find two dark eyes staring back at me. Screaming incredibly loud, I lifted the poker and slammed it across the mans head who fell against the wall with the force.

"Are you oka--" I dropped the phone as ran for the house exit, I could hear footsteps that weren't my own.

Launching myself through the open house door, I flew over the front steps and unto the snowy pavement. My hands tore from the gravel, as I rolled in the snow. A sickening throbbing in my head I stumbled to my feet, forcing my way out of our little gate.

Standing disoriented in the middle of the road, I watched the blue and red lights speeding towards me.

S O R E N