05. We've been here before.

1 year later.

Why, on Earth, did she choose a job that started at 8PM and ended up at 1 AM, a Tuesday?! 

WHY?

Oh yeah, because she needed money. Again.

I should really learn to spend on the right things. I shouldn't have spend it all on the trip in Dominican Republic...

She left the agency she was working for. She was trying to start her own, in Montreal. Lots of celebs were filming in the studios and in the street. Sometimes they were filming in Quebec city, which was not to far away. But how could she even contact celebs and get them contracts? Yet her diploma in communication was useless. Oh no wait. It was a really cute on her bedroom wall.

 '' Excuse me ! I would like to have a round of tequila shots. '' Yelled someone over the music.

She sighed as she served the customer with a fake smile stuck on her lips. 

A man with dark haired and a pair of sunglasses (in a night club, really?) sat on chair chair in from of her.

'' Hey, do you have any sweets? ''

'' Sorry, '' She answered with once again, a fake smile. '' My shift is over. '' 

She changed in the employees room and took her car keys in her hand. Emma couldn't wait to be home and go to sleep. Unfortunetaly, there was a man waiting for her, sitting on her car.

'' You know Emma. It took me a lot of time for find out where you moved. '' The shadow spoke up. 

She slipped the hand in her pursed, ready to spray the man with cayenne paper. The shadow moved in her direction, as a light illuminated the face of the person.

That's impossible.

'' Tom ? '' She whispered, astonished. '' How did you, how come you're, what are you ... '' She was simply unable to finish her sentences. She was starting to believe this was a all a joke. He always showed up when she didn't expect him to be there. But must importantly, he always showed up when she was just succeding to forget him. Which is beyond unfair.

Find something to say. Close your mouth, you look stupid.

'' What's with your hair though? I taught you were blond.''

He giggled. '' I luckily got the role in Thor. I'm playing Loki. '' 

'' Wow. '' She sounded surprised. She knew he would get the part, who else would have been able to fit into the character such as Loki?  ''Acting actually worked out for you, didn't it?'' 

He brushed his hair off his face. '' Yes it did. What about you ? Are you married ?''

Still single like a pringle which doesn't want to mingle.

She showed her still naked hand. '' Nope. He cheated on me. I broke up.'' She was bitter.

For a minute, he stared at her, his mouth slightly opened. '' Emma that's terrible. I ... I don't know what to say,'' he hesitated. He obviously wasn't really sorry, but he was trying to convince her that he was. Or was he trying to convince himself? Tom tried to look sad - acting was his job - even though he felt this monstruous joy warming up his chest. She was still single.

Most of all; she was not married.

She dramatically shrugged, fixing a point over his shoulder. She was unable to look at him. Not now, not answering this question. '' I'm glad I found out he was that type of guy before we got engaged. '' She whispered in a shaky voice. Emma really tried to sound confident. But answering this was just a reminder that no one really wanted her in their lives. She was worthless. ''But I guess that's not what you came here for ?'' She questioned as walking to the driver side of the car.