Chapter Eight

"Okay, this way," Tyson said, leading me upstairs "You can sleep in the spare room."

I nodded, grateful. "Are you sure you're okay with this?"

He nodded furiously, facing me, and then grinned "We're friends, right? I'll never let you down." He turned back around and we continued upstairs.

I smiled back, not having to force it. A spark of something went through me at the "friends" bit. Disappointment? No. Couldn't be.

As we reached the top of the stairs, Tyson pointed to a room to the left "That"s my room," he said "also known as the room where I write songs."

"So that's where the magic happens," I smirked

He laughed, and we crossed the landing to another room "And this is your new room."

I pushed the door open to reveal quite a large room, filled only with a bed and wardrobe. "It's perfect," I smiled "I really can't thank you enough for this, Ty."

He placed a hand on my shoulder "Stop thanking me!" He rolled his eyes "You won't be so happy when you're woken up by... Well, let's leave that as a surprise." His eyes glittered with amusement at something I didn't know. Something I'd find out eventually, apparently.

I narrowed my eyes "By what?"

He smirked "Nothing! Anyways, I'd better leave you to unpack or whatever... Have fun with that."

I found myself grinning as he walked away. Taking his suggestion, I spent the rest of the day unpacking and making the room my own. By which I mean making a giant mess, becoming exhausted and practically collapsing on my new bed.