4. We Have An Emergency

I do not own the vampire diaries or tvd characters, all rights to the cw and l.j. smith. I only own Carlotta and Andrea!

Oh, and the story starts out around the beginning of season 2 then skips to seasons 3 and 4 all mashed up, but it's not really like the series. 

Chapter 4

)Katherine's POV( 

Present Day, Salvatore Boarding House, Mystic Falls 

I opened the door to the boarding house, and strolled in, then skidded to a halt as I watched a very interesting scene unfold before me. Elena was up against the wall, Damon holding her up by her throat, Stefan snarling in her face. Elena banged her head back up against the bookshelf, and went limp in Damon's clutches. The brothers both immediately bit into their wrists and gave an unconscious- or dying?- Elena their blood. 

"What happened in here?" I asked.

Stefan whirled around to face me, and his face turned into sheer horror. "Katherine..." 

"Hey, Stef." I smiled radiantly at him, then focused my attention to Elena, who, with that amount of Damon's blood coursing through her, definitely should've woken up by now.

"What the-" I began, but was then cut off by the sound of choking. My attention refocused on Elena, to see her convulsing on the floor, strange sounds coming out of her throat. I slid onto my knees beside Stefan and Damon, unsure of what to do. My one chance of freedom from Klaus couldn't die!

"I don't know.... One second, I'm feeding her my blood, and the next," Damon gestured to Elena helplessly.

Elena turned on her side and coughed up something red.

Ewww..... I thought in disgust. Wait a second- red? It's blood!

 I grabbed Elena from behind, and set her upright. Stefan and Damon grabbed my arm, but I snarled and shook them off.  "I'm helping her, you idiots!"

They released me, and I performed the Heimlich maneuver, but nothing happened, and Elena coughed up more of Damon's blood. Stefan grabbed her arm away from me, and set her down on the ground, and began pumping her heart.

"The blood must've gone into her lungs!" I thought out loud, and Damon shuffled closer to her so he perform CPR they taught him in the army back in 1862. Vampire blood in your lungs is like having maple syrup in a human's lungs. Deadly. And vampire blood couldn't bring you back if the blood goes to your lungs.

Damon took a deep breath.

"You have to open the airway using the chin-lift without tilting the head back. If the airway remains blocked, tilt her head slowly and gently until the airway is open." I instructed, noticing the black and blue marks on Elena's neck, and quietly added, "That's what you do when a victim has suffered a neck injury."

Damon snarled at me, but did as I said.

"Now what?" Stefan asked, voice growing desperate. 

I bit my bottom lip as I tried to remember my Medical classes from when I was a human. "Okay," I finally picked an appropriate method when I saw Elena breathe. "Next-" But then, Elena's heart rate took off, speeding like a race car. I glanced back at her, and she wasn't breathing anymore. We had three minutes before brain damage, and four minutes before she died.

180 seconds of life. 179...178...

"Now what?!" Damon shrieked in my face.