11. Tiger Eyes

Chapter The Next

)Andrea's POV(

Klaus turned to me with a sick smile on his face. "Hello, Audrina."

A scream crawled its way up my throat as my heart began to pound in fear. "What- what are you doing?" I croaked out.

"What ever do you mean, my dear, dear, Audrina?" Klaus smiled again slowly as he stalked closer to me slowly.

"Nik...please," I whispered. "Don't."

His bright blue eyes twinkled as the red blood around his mouth shone in the light of the moon. "But, Audrina, what makes you so sure I'll spare you? I have all this power," he gestured around at the trees with the hand that still held the silenced heart. "Why not use it?"

I stood my ground. "Because I will stop you, Niklaus. And you know it."

He grinned slowly at me, exposing his red-blood-stained teeth. I fought the primal instinctive urge to run from this creature, to back away slowly and run for my life. "And how do you plan on doing that, girl?"

I pulled a long sword from behind my back. "With this, Nik."

He laughed. "That won't kill me."

"No," I agreed. "But it shall be a fun game."

Klaus narrowed his eyes. "You wouldn't."

"Try me," I replied. When he didn't respond, I turned around and walked back along the path. Hearing a loud cry, I whirled around to see Klaus, collapsed on the ground, writhing in pain. "Nik!"

He looked up at me as he screamed in pain, his eyes golden. Just like a werewolf's. I screamed and brandished my sword wildly. "Stay back," I screamed with hysteria. "Stay back," I repeated, trying to put a lid on my rising hysteria. The wolf Klaus paced around, and I looked up at the sky. Full moon. My heart pounded. I should be inside, as should Nik. The werewolves would be out soon.

The wolf-Nik howled, and wolves emerged from the shadows. They growled as they saw me, and my heart skipped a beat.

I held my head high, refusing to show weakness. Werewolves had to be just like dogs. If I ran, they would chase. If I showed them who was higher on the pack hierarchy, they would accept me, and my family and I would be saved.

One of the wolves stalked up to me. The alpha, clearly. I knelt, showing my respect, and it dipped its head to me. I took a deep breath and allowed my power to course through my body, from my toes to my head, and in my fingertips. The wolf's golden eyes widened. I outstretched my hand to him, and focused on channeling my magic into the hand. Suddenly, purple sparks popped up from my palm like the embers of a flame. The entire pack stumbled back, Niklaus included, but the alpha remained still. The purple sparks danced around my palm, and I placed them on the ground. They danced around and rose up to the alpha. 

"Do not panic," I channeled my mind into his, speaking in the universal tongue, one every being knew in this place. I spoke in magic.

The alpha's mind raced. "What do you want from me?" 

"You murdered someone I knew, and nearly murdered his brother."

"So you want vengeance," the alpha mused. "I'm afraid I must warn you. Your magic blood is precious. I, along with my pack, do not wish it spilt. It is too valuable for that. But should you pose a threat to us, there are other ways to make you stop than to kill you."