8. Doppelgangers

Chapter 8

)3rd Person POV(

     Katherine walked up the stairs, a smirk already plastered to her face. Ah, Elena, she thought. So predictable. She knew Caroline wouldn't be able to distract Elena for long, however, she had thought Caroline would have done a better job, seeing as her boyfriend's....Matt's..... life depended on it. 

She entered the living room and stopped dead in her tracks.

Two girls stood by the door, backs toward her. They both had chocolate brown hair the exact same shade as Katherine's own.

And she felt drawn to them.

The door opened.

      Elena walked into the boarding house and froze. Right in the door were three girls, all identical to her. 

They all looked up at the same time.

"Oh my God," they whispered at the same time. 

     Damon walked down the stairs. Where's Stefan, he wondered. He walked into the hallway, and skidded to a halt.

Four girls stood there. They all had chocolate brown hair the exact same length, honey brown eyes, and pale skin. One had really curly hair and wore a green racer-back tank, white shorts, and black converse. Another had loose curls and wore black leggings, a slinky purple tank, and black stilettos. The third had straight hair, but it was slightly curled at the ends, and she wore a cropped white t-shirt and neon shorts. The last had perfectly straight hair, and wore a blueish purple t-shirt and a jean skirt.

How many Petrova doppelgangers are there? Damon wondered. 

     Steps came pounding up the stairs from the basement.

Stefan ran in the room, and halted the moment he saw the four girls.

"What the..."

     Carlotta's eyes widened. That can't be Damon. That can't be Damon Salvatore. Damon died in 1864. Damon Salvatore died in 1864. 

"Who are you?" 

"What?" Carlotta blinked, coming back to earth. 

"Who are you?" The girl with straight hair repeated. 

"Who are you?" she countered.

"Elena!" the one who looked like Stefan exclaimed. But it couldn't be Stefan.

The girl turned, and ran to him. "Stefan!"

 "Stefan?" Carlotta blurted out.

He froze, and both 'Stefan' and 'Damon' turned and stared at Carlotta oddly.

"Katherine?" Stefan tried. 

Carlotta smiled ruefully. "I used to be," she said truthfully.

The three other doppelgangers frowned in confusion at the same time. "No," the girl with not as curly hair as Carlotta's said. "I'm Katherine."

Carlotta's eyes wore a haunted look. "Katerina?"

Katherine's eyes widened in shock. "Carlotta?"

     Andrea watched Carlotta and Katherine? Katerina? stare at each other, and the man with dark hair finally exclaimed, "Would somebody tell me what the hell is going on?"

"Who are you?" Andrea asked him carefully. 

"Elena?" he tried, and she shook her head. "Katherine?" Andrea shook her head again.