Chapt. 13) The Task

~Abel's POV~
__________________________
~

I was walking around in the forest, just exploring when I heard a twig snap behind me. I suddenly look behind me but, I saw nothing.

Maybe it was just an animal?

I decided to keep moving, inspecting all the plants around me. My eyes settled on a beautiful rose bush.

Mentally I felt a lightbulb to off.

"Elena would love these!" I said out loud while walking towards the rose bush.

I gathered the roses and bunched them together but then I felt a prick on my hand.

"Fuck." I muttered

I started to bleed a little bit, being werewolf I should've healed instantly, especially from a little prick.

But I didn't heal at all.

As I looked at my hand the blood started to pick up and more came out than expected but, I saw the shine of a light appear in the middle of my hand.

Of course I started to panic. I took my shirt off and tried to stop the bleeding but it didn't work. The light was growing brighter and brighter.

"What's happening?" I whispered to myself.

As I was trying to make the bleeding and light stop, a figure of smoky ash started to form.

I studied it closer and realized it was connected to my hand.

A woman was connected to my hand...

She was gorgeous. Long straight hair, beautiful eyes, and a tall frame.

"Hello my dear." She spoke, breaking me completely out of my thoughts.

"W-who are you? Why are you here?" I asked.

"Ah it's me my dear Abel. Your mother, the mother of all wolves." She said with a small smile on her face.

She broke out into laughter. 

"Honey, you'll catch flies, close your mouth." She said while gently pushing up on my chin.

Oh gosh. That's really embarrassing.

"Why are you here if you don't mind me asking?" I asked still completely shocked.

"I've come to as- No, have you do a task for me." She said facing me to look at her.

"What is the task?" I asked raising my eyebrow.

"I need you to eliminate someone and bring some together." She said coldly.

My mind went blank. The Moon Goddess wants me to kill someone?

"You want me to do what?" I asked with a raised voice.

"I know it must be shocking but, I need this done. Someone ruined the plans I had. They need to pay for what they've done." She said angrily.

"What do I get out of this? Why me out of everyone?" I crossed my arms over my chest.

"Well, you're the strongest and most feared Alpha. I think you'll like the reward." She said smiling.

"Which is what?" I asked a little suspicious.

"You'll get to meet your first True mate. Elena is your second-chance mate which is a rare occurrence. She'll be your Luna, Wife, Mate, and the Mother of your children." She said looking into my eyes.

"And if I don't do this task?" I asked.

"Elena will die." Is all she said before disappearing.

~

I jolted awake breathing heavy and covered in sweat. I looked over to see Elena still sleeping.

The dream really made me start to think about how much I loved Elena. I need her in my life, she's the reason I wake up every morning. She's my everything but, she isn't my first true mate?

I laid back down pulling Elena closer to me. She started to snuggle into me, with a small smile forming on her face.

I mentally sighed while studying her beautiful face and resting my hands on the small of her back.

I Alpha Abel Rowe have to complete a task for the Moon Goddess.