33

~~~

The sky slowly turned crimson, deepened into a maroon and then lightened into a soft pink. Jungkook's office was dark, there was only a little light coming through his window. He was still working on his laptop, finishing his works for that day before going home.

"Phew." He sighed in relief and switched his laptop off before stretching his arms to the front.

He shut his eyes and relaxed a moment to draw in a breath. He could finally go home to enjoy his dinner that you cooked for him. Just by the thoughts of you made the corners of his lips curled upward.

His thoughts then were suddenly disturbed by two knocks on the door. He fixed his position and told that person to come in.

The door then swung open, revealing Gayeon who was a bit startled looking at how dark his office was.

"I came here to hand you my report." She stated while her hand groped for the switch on the wall.

Jungkook couldn't help but to flinch a bit at the sudden bright lights, hitting his eyes.

"Here." She said, handing him a file which was her report before adding, "This, will be my last report."

His brows jumped at her sudden statement, obviously shocked about this.

"What do you mean by your last report?"

Gayeon pressed her lips together and fidgeted with her fingers before answering his question, "I got transferred to Busan. Someone else will replace me starting tomorrow."

Jungkook was indeed a bit disappointed since Gayeon was his best assistant so far. He'd never met someone who was as responsible and reliable as her before.

"By the way, this is the new staff's bio." She handed him a piece of paper this time.

When Jungkook looked at it, he couldn't believe his eyes looking at the name written on the paper along with a picture.

*Out of many people, why her?!*

~~~

Once Jungkook arrived home, he instantly made his way to the kitchen. There, he was pleased to see you setting the table with your back facing him. Jungkook secretly approached you from the back with a smirk across his face, planning to surprise you.

He began to open his arms wide to give you a back hug when you suddenly stood straight, bumping your head to his nose.

Jungkook instantly screamed in pain while rubbing his nose as it hurt like hell to him.

"Oh! Sorry, I didn't notice you." You quickly apologized, his nose had turned red.

"You're early by the way." You chuckled before shoving his hand gently to pinch his cute nose.

The simple touch somehow healed him.

"I miss you so mu—."

"Go and take a shower first, you're smelly." You ordered and he slightly nodded before walking into the bathroom to take a shower.

After he'd taken his shower, changed clothes and all, he went back to the kitchen. Both of you sat across each other and began to eat in silent. It was very quiet at first, until Jungkook hammered the wall of silence.

"I want to tell you something, but I'm scared that you would get mad." He said, as he continued to munch on his food.

Because of his words, you started to feel anxious.

"I'm going to be more mad later on if you don't tell me now." You responded, trying to sound cool and prepared yourself for whatever he was gonna say.

Jungkook then cleared his throat, "My ex-girlfriend came to see me yesterday."

He glanced up to see your reaction, which was none at all. It was hard for him to read your mind when you had this emotionless face on. He wasn't sure whether you were actually mad at him or not.

"You mean Lee Areum?" You questioned, still trying to sound casual.

Jungkook, on the other hand almost choked on his food, "You know her?"

A small, weak smile crept up across your lips.

"Of course. Even after we got married, you still dated her."

"Did I do that?" His eyes grew large.

He couldn't remember anything about that and began to wonder if he was actually a playboy before he lost his memories.

"What did she want from you?"

"I don't know. Probably wanting to ruin our life." He sighed.

But that wasn't all, he still had some other important things to tell you which he felt, you needed to know. At last, Jungkook resolved to just blurt them out. He even told you about the photos and emails that he received a couple of days ago.

Jungkook was very glad that he had confessed everything to you, making him felt so light as if he just dropped a large rock off his back. He was happy too, that you didn't show him any sign of anger.

"You know what? I'll get a new assistant starting from tomorrow." He mumbled.

"Really?" You responded, sounded a bit uninterested.

He was quiet for a while, unsure if he should tell you about it. But still, he didn't want to hide anything more from you.

"She's Yujin." He said.

This time, your whole body froze like a statue hearing that name. First Areum, now Yujin?

Jungkook looked at your face to see your reaction, which was worse than before. You were frowning.

"You're not mad, right?" He softly asked, worried.

You shook your head, though deep inside, you were actually slightly upset. Just by imagining her working together with your husband made you extremely uneasy and uncomfortable.

"I'm glad that you told me everything." You weakly smiled to him.

Jungkook was glad too, that he was able to tell you everything and hid no more secret from you.

"Jungkook, is it fine if I want to get back to work tomorrow?"

The glad smile slowly faded from his face. He didn't really like the idea.

"Are you scared that I might cheat on you with Yujin?" He raised his eyebrow at you who was currently at a loss for words.

Everything was written on your face. Looking at you slightly nodding your head, he warmly smiled. It proved, that you actually cared for him.

"I would never, ever cheat on you. I promise, no matter what the circumstances are."

That was what he said and of course, it made you relieved. However, would he able to keep his words?