Chapter 13

Chapter 13

Two weeks passed and the beginning of December was near. The exams were finally over but now was the time of the essays and research work. I didn't know what was worst.

As usual, I was running late to lunch, my arms full of books and worksheets that didn't fit in my bag. Pushing through the hungry mob of students, I saw Ven and Gabriel sitting in our usual table. Beside them were my two other friends, Taylor and Jodie. It had been a week since I had managed to convince them to let them sit with us. It had been hard but I they finally gave up.

Walking quickly, I reached the table and poppled on the chair beside Gabriel.

"Hey, D."Ven greeted me while winking. Taylor said 'hi' and Jodie just waved, since her mouth was full of food. I laughed and greeted them too. Gabriel just looked at me, greeting me with a warm gaze as usual.

"God, the weather his awful! I'm soaked and I just walked like 30 seconds in the rain." I whined, trying to untangle my wet hair with my fingers.

"I know, but I like rain so I'm not bother with it."

"I like rain too, Taylor, but I'm not fond off the idea of being drown by it." I replied, taking off my lunch. "So, what are you guys talking about?"

"We were trying two convince these two big guys to come with us see a movie, you too of course." Jodie told me.

"Fine by me." I smiled, thankful for the idea, I had been spending way too much time alone in my house, since my parents were in a trip, again.

"Good! The only problem is that they say they can't go..." Jodie said, her voice getting lower. I frowned and followed her line of sight. Like everyone else in the school, Jodie was afraid of the hard glare that Gabriel was giving her.

Elbowing him, I scowled. "Why can't you come?" I asked, my voice hard with the question underneath my words. 'Will you be fighting?'

When Gabriel didn't reply and Ven avoided my eyes, I had my answer. Grinding my teeth together and tried to put a smile for the two girls.

"If they can't come it's their problem. We'll have fun for them." I told them both, trying to appear excited, even if I sounded a little bit fake even to my ears, but the girls seemed happy and completely oblivous to my fake tone.

Jodie and Taylor immediately started planning it for that night and soon my fake smiled turned into a genuine one. We completely ignore the boys talking quietly and focused only on our girls’ night. We chose the movie, who was going to drive (which was decided to be Taylor) and where we were going to have dinner. In 15 minutes we had all planned. The rest of the lunch we talked mostly about school work and, was in the middle of one of those conversations, that I noticed Gabriel's hand poking my ribs.

I squeaked and looked at him with wide eyes.

"What?"

"Nothing." Gabriel answered as a tiny smirk appeared on his lips. Huffing, I turned my attention back to the conversation, completely ignoring him again.

Ten minutes later, I felt another poke and, hissing, I turned to Gabriel again.

"What now?"

Gabriel shrugged and I started to grit my teeth again, annoyed with him. Ven laughed and I looked at him with a raised brow. He shook his head and started texting. Seconds later, my phone buzzed.

He's trying to get your attention, you idiot. You're ignoring him.

                                                                                                  - Ven