Chapter #10

Rewritten on 7/21/17

I rewrote some of this chapter (Mostly the council meeting) because I did a shitty job last time. I couldn't even read the chapter when I tried.... So, I rewrote the chapter. Enjoy.

Percy and Artemis tumbled down the hill, holding onto each other for dear life as they fell. When they finally reached the bottom of the hill they landed with Artemis on top of Percy and their faces only inches apart. As they stared into each other's eyes they felt the warm feeling in their stomach bubble up more than ever. They could see the love shining in each other's eyes before they closed their eyes and leaned in until their lips met.

As soon as their lips met they both pulled back with a look of disgust on their faces. Artemis rolled off of Percy and began to vigorously rub her lips with the sleeve of her shirt as if rubbing off something disgusting. Percy was no better as he was using the hem of his shirt to rub his lips in a similar way to Artemis.

"Ugg, I feel like I just kissed Apollo," Artemis whined between rubs.

"Yeah! I feel like I just kissed Thalia." Percy agreed.

Artemis temporarily stopped her rubbing to glare at Percy, "How do you know what it feels like to kiss Thalia?" She questioned sharply.

Percy rolled his eyes, "And how do you know what it feels like to kiss Apollo?" He shot back.

Artemis flushed in embarrassment, "Oh."

Percy rolled his eyes again before resuming rubbing his lips. After a few minutes, they both stopped rubbing, mainly because their lips were starting to hurt. They placed a finger on their lips as if to check if they got it all off. They both gave themselves a nod of approval before standing up. "Never speak of this again," Artemis ordered.

Percy nodded, "Agreed."

With that, they both walked back up the hill. As they walked up the hill Percy thought about what just happened. It was just his luck to end up kissing the person who he has a sisterly love for, not romantic love. He couldn't help but feel kind of stupid for not recognizing it, considering how much time he spent with Thalia, another person who he loves like a sister. He could only imagine what Artemis was thinking because she actually has a sibling and she didn't recognize it.

When they finally got back to the top of the hill the hunters were packing up the training equipment and getting ready to leave. Percy and Artemis frowned before they realized they had been gone for an hour. No wonder their lips hurt so much. (It took time to climb back up the hill, so they weren't at the bottom for the entire hour.)

The two began helping the hunters pack up before heading back to camp with the rest. Thalia noticed their bruised lips and frowned in confusion. 'What happened to them?' She wondered. Thalia smirked, 'They were probably making out.' She thought to herself jokingly. She and the rest of the hunt knew that the two loved each other like siblings, it was kind of obvious.

~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~

When they got back to camp Percy immediately went to the Kitchen Tent because he and the girls were getting hungry. When Percy entered the tent, he was greeted by the usual sight of Hera leaning against a table wearing an apron.

"Hey Percy," Hera said casually as she walked up to him and gave him a hug.

"Hey Hera," Percy said with a small smile as he hugged her back.

Once they separated they began to cook. As they cooked they worked in comfortable silence. "So...." Percy began, deciding to break the silence, "I kissed Artemis today."