•• 11 ••

No matter how good we are at hiding what we feel, at one point, we do forget that we don't have express our thoughts? And before I left, Trevor had forgotten that, too.

The last look in his eyes perfectly indicated that he was sorry. But the question being: Why? He didn't realize it before. Then why now?

"We shall be back in five minutes, darling." Daniel said as he pushed me into a room, before leaving.

Daniel was a womanizer. A shiver ran down my spine, as I felt the intensity of the situation.

He will take away my dignity. And I was all hopeless. I had to escape this place.

I slid my hands on the floor and on the surface of the different items of the room, to find something that could save me.

I knew it was impossible, but I could at least try.

While I was searching for a weapon, my left hand landed on something wooden. I picked it up and slid the fingers of my right hand over it, to distinguish it.

It had a sharp side, and an even sharper tip, through which it slightly cut the index finger of my right hand.

To my miraculous luck, it was a knife.

Finally, I had my weapon.

I had some hope.

I may escape.

While I was celebrating for having found a weapon, I felt someone walking towards my room. I hid the knife behind myself and turned towards the direction that the sound was coming from.

I heard the door open, making a weird, creaky sound.

"Did you miss me?" The voice belonged to Daniel.

I stood frozen as he entered the room, my brain going blank with each passing second.

I have a weapon, now. I need use it. I convinced myself.

Just as I felt he was close enough to me, I pushed the knife forth. I heard the sound of flesh and blood coming out of his body, and as I stood glued to the floor, dumbstruck at what I did, he fell down with a thud.

I couldn't believe it. I killed someone.

Me, a blind girl, killed someone.

In the confusing regret, I kept standing there, paralysed.

But soon this regret was vapourized by the thought that, I did not do anything wrong. The guy wanted to rape me. And raping is a sin, a huge crime.

Now I could do nothing, but run out of this place. I threw the knife down and raised my hands in front of me, so that I would know if an object comes in front of me.

Although I stumbled many times and almost fell, I still found the way out of the room.

"After Daniel, it's my turn." Someone said, a little faraway from where I was.

"And then it's me," someone else replied.

As I moved forward, the floor beneath my right foot vanished and there was something edgy and sharp beneath the left one.

Stairs.

But before I could register that, I fell over. I felt a terrible pain on my head as it hit one stair, then on my elbow as it hit the other, my knee and my temple as they hit the rest of the stairs and then the floor.

"Hey, What was that?" Someone said and a shiver ran down my spine due to fear.

What if they come after me?!

"Don't worry, it must be Daniel." Another person replied.

A sigh of relief escaped my lips, as I heard that.

This is where I realized that my lips had started bleeding. There was a deep wound on my forehead. And some more on my elbows and knees. I could feel them burning.

But I kept walking. Finally, after falling so many times, I was out of the house or mansion that I was brough into. I felt this due to the breeze, and the soothing warmth of the sun.

I still continued walking after I bumped into a tree. My nose had hit it the harshest and it was bleeding right now.

I changed the direction and continued.

After sometime, I stumbled upon a rock and fell down, my body hitting a lot of other small but sharp stones. One of them was a bit larger and hit me hard on the ribs.

I thought I'll fall the next instant.

My bones hurt.

My head throbbed.

My wounds burnt.

My ribs ached.

And I don't remember when did I lose all my energy and fell down.

Soon, I fainted.

*-*-*-*-*-*-*-*

A/N: Hello people! I would specially like to thank Niqabi_Secrets for her support. She comments as if the story really matters to her.

Also, she is an amazing poet. Check out her book 'Habits of Poets'.

And thanks to everyone else who's supporting me. 'My Blindness' wouldn't have existed if it weren't for you people.