Chapter 5

I woke up to the sounds of banging at my door. "Anastasia wake up" a familiar voice said I recognized it as Alex. No. This can't happen. I look horrendous and hes outside of my bedroom. "I'm giving you till the count of three to open this door or I'm coming in!" he shouted "1...2...3" he continued as soon as he said three the door flew open and he ran and jumped on my bed. "wake up" he said shaking me while laughing "get off!" I protested "are you awake?" he asked "no" I said and pulled the covers tighter over my head "Alex she's not really a morning person" I heard Brooklyn say "I can see that" he replied "YOU LET HIM IN HERE?!" I said a little too harshly "well I thought we could hang out today but never mind" Alex said and started getting off the bed "Ughh" I groaned and sat up "get out so I can change" I said which caused him to laugh and he got up and left but he left the door open "ALEX!" I called out but nothing "ALEEX!" I called out again, still nothing. I groaned, got up and shut the door. I checked the time it was only 9am. I only slept 4 hours. I put on some shorts with a blue crop top and my shoes then I grabbed my bag and left my room and went to the bathroom. I did my hair and brushed my teeth, then put on moisturizer and walked out. It was supposed to be hot today so I guess I dressed appropriately. "finally you took forever" Alex said jokingly which made everyone laugh. I didn't even notice Jack was here until just now. "haha" I replied sarcasticly. "ready?" he asked and I nodded. He stood up and said goodbye then we walked out. "so how'd you sleep?" he asked "horrible" is all I said "why?" he asked "I barely got 4 hours of sleep" I told him "oh I'm sorry. I didn't know" he said "it's ok" I told him "I'm sorry" he reassured me "I said its ok" I told him and laughed. We walked to his car and got in "are you hungry?" he asked "a little" I admitted "I know the perfect place" he said and started the car. The ride was silent the only noise was from the radio "it's weird seeing you in normal clothes" I said and immediately wished I didn't "what do you mean?" he asked smiling "every time I've seen you, you've been in your baseball stuff" I told him "that's not entirely true. You saw me last night." he corrected me "that doesn't count because you had on baseball stuff" I told him "what about the part whenever I changed my shirt?" he asked smirking and I looked away and didn't reply which caused him to laugh. "how's your lip?" I asked whenever we stopped at a red light. He turned and grabbed his lips and showed me the cuts "did that dude even say sorry?" I asked "nope" he replied "that's very rude of him" I stated "I was so mad. I knew coach would pull me out." he admitted "my dads the coach" I blurted out "what?" he asked while he furrowed his brows together "Charlie Clark. Thats my dad" I explained "I didn't know" he said softly "I didnt want to talk about it" I told him "I know" he said but he seemed affected "what's wrong? Did I say something?" I asked as he parked the car. "you're going through stuff with him but believe me he seems a lot better on the field" he told me "I know. He's always loved baseball. His sons play the game and he goes to every single one." I told him "your brothers?" he asked "I've only been around them for maybe two months total. One is ten and the other is eight." I told him "but you don't feel like family?" he asked "I know they are but they've been so far away and I never talk to them." I said and started feeling uncomfortable "they're still your brothers you should go see them sometime" he said as nicely as he could. "ok let's just enjoy the rest of the day. No family problems or anything else." he announced with enthusiasm laced in his voice. He exited the car then opened my door. "the bowling alley?" I asked "it has pretty good food. Plus nice games" he replied I laughed and followed him inside. "hi can we get two pairs of shoes and three games?" Alex asked the man behind the counter "what size?" the man asked "9 and a..." he started "6" I finished his sentence the man smiled and grabbed the shoes. "three games will be $17.50 with the shoes it'll be $29.30" the man announced and Alex took out his wallet "I can pay for mine" I offered "no I got it" he replied and he paid the man and took the shoes. We changed our shoes and went to the lake assigned to us and grabbed our bowling balls. "I'll be right back" Alex announced then walked away. Soon after he returned with a pizza, some wings and some drinks. After we ate we started to bowl. I went first and only knocked down a total of 7 pins. Whenever Alex went he got a strike. I went and got 9 pins, Alex got another strike.