Chapter 18

The next few days went by extremely slow. I avoided alex as much as possible. I walked a different way to my classes so he wouldn't see me, I changed my hours at the sushi restaurant. I did everything I could to ignore him. He texted and called me daily so i turned my phone off.

"There's a game tonight but I'm not going" David told me "I thought we could hang out while everyone else went" he walked beside me. I just left my last class and he was waiting for me outside. He hasn't really left me alone since everything happened. I wasn't complaining because we bonded and it felt nice to be around him. Mason tagged a long a few times saying I was stealing his boyfriend but we just continued our routine with him with us. They've pretty much adopted me as their younger sister and David made sure nothing would hurt me. As we continued walking towards the parking lot I saw an all too familiar pair of eyes land on me. I looked away and quickened my steps but he caught up to me. "Anastasia" he said and grabbed my arm so I'd stop walking. David hit his hand away and wrapped his arm around me to lead me away. "Anastasia please just talk to me" he begged "back off" David warned "why are you even still here. I'm trying to talk to Anastasia not you" alex growled. "It's pretty clear she doesn't want to talk to you" David announced "how do you know? You're not her" alex said getting annoyed and stepping closer to David. "You're not protecting her from anything" alex said again getting into davids face and getting angry but David didn't back down. "I'm protecting her from you" David spat. I noticed hurt flash through Alex's eyes but that was replaced with anger. David balled his fist up and alex did the same. I noticed a crowd forming and people staring at us. "Stop it!" I found my voice. "just stop" I told them and stepped in between the two of them. "let's go" I looked at Alex and took a deep breath. "it'll be fine" I told David and walked away. I knew Alex was following me. I stopped at his car and whenever he arrived we both got in. I was so mad. Mad at myself. Mad at David. Especially mad at Alex. He started the car and looked at me. "where-" he started "just drive" I demanded and he did.

Not too long later we stopped at his dorm room. I got out and followed him inside. Thankfully nobody else was there. He sat his keys down and looked at me. "anast-" he started "what do you want. Why won't you leave me alone?" I asked quietly which took him by surprise. "I don't want you to be mad" he was quite and sat down not looking at me. "I'm not" I started "I'm way past that" I finished "first you left me in the middle of nowhere so I had to walk home. It was late Alex. Really late at night. I was already tired but you just left." I said nonchalantly "I'm sorry, I hate myself for doing that. I was pissed off and needed to get away" he told me "my sister showed up here after I left your dorm and Ive never felt like such a disappointment to her. She's been the one to help me through everything. The way she looked at me whenever she told me she knew I left you-" he started and I noticed a tear fall. Was he really crying? "I couldn't handle it" he finished and looked up at me. "I shouldn't have left you. I definitely shouldn't have got drunk and decided to take advantage of the situation and sleep next to you, I shouldn't have gotten mad and yelled at you like that." he said and took a deep breath. "I can't get the look out of my head. You looked scared. I did that to you. I never wanted you to feel scared around me. I didn't mean to break the dishes and hurt you-" he told me and looked away. "I don't know how to deal with my emotions. I've don't know how to fix it. I'm tired of apologizing for the same stuff over and over again. Im sure you feel the same way." he sighed "you don't even want to be around me anymore and it kills me" he looked at me and I could tell he was having an internal battle with himself. "I just want you to know I can't stop thinking about you and how things could've been." he stood up and grabbed his keys. "I'll take you home" he told me and walked towards the door.

I couldn't even look at him during the ride to my dorm. He looked so broken and lost. Nothing like the confident baseball player I fell in love with. He didn't turn the car off whenever we arrived he just stopped at the front and unlocked the door. I wanted to say something but I didn't know what to say. It broke my heart. I knew he cared about me but I can't deal with everything right now. I saw him drive off and I knew he wouldn't be coming back. I ran to my room and just cried. Alex meant so much to me and everything is ruined.

"hey" Brooklyn walked into my room "were going to the game" she walked towards me and sat on my bed. "I can stay if you want?" she offered "no you should go. Have fun" I told her and faked a smile. She hugged me and disappeared. I told David not to come over, so he didn't.

The Coach's Daughter On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara