chapter 7.

"Hatina won't you wake up, there's not enough time, you need to get up". I feel someone tapping me as the voice sounds like Khadijah's.

"Wake up for what? Today is Saturday and I don't go to work on Saturday, so let me be please, I need to sleep." I plead rolling on the bed.

"Ya Allah did you loose your memory or what? Hatina farouk wake up its your wedding!" Khadijah yells pulling the sheets off me. The sound of what she just said made my heart flinch and my body tremble.

"What did you say? my wedding? My wedding?" I ask still in disbelief. "its my wedding, am I dreaming? I'm actually getting married!" I fly up sitting straight meeting eye to eye with Khadijah.

"Yes it's your wedding so go get ready." Khadijah says while still standing. The thought comes to my mind again, if I'm getting married, I'm definitely getting married to someone and that someone is.... Oh my lord. Ya Allah

Anuur.

"Wait a minute." my sister stops as she is about to leave the room. "Ya Allah its my wedding, it my wedding khadijah, to... To that man, its my wedding to that man that doesn't have respect for people's feeling, its my wedding to ANNUR ABUBAKAR." I panick covering my face with my palm.

"Hatina, hey what's wrong?" Khadijah asks. I haven't really had the time to talk to Khadijah because she has been so busy since she came and she also arrived late to the house yesterday all the way from Qatar, so she had been really busy taking care of preparations for my wedding.

When she came we just talked a bit, but she got called by mom again so I had no time to talk to her. I couldn't tell her how I felt about annur on the phone, so I decided that when she comes over which I thought she was going to do earlier before we actually get married.

I didn't tell her that I'm only doing this for Abba, and to save myself from embarrassment, neither did i didn't tell her how annur treated me nor did I get to tell her anything.

"I don't want to get married to him Khadijah, he doesn't respect me, I'm just like a game to him, what kind of man is that? What kind of marriage will that be" I say my voice shaking and tears rolling down my eyes. I start to cry and cry really hard.

I don't want to get married but I have no choice. It is my wedding after all.

"Hatina what are you saying? Why didn't you tell me all these before? And if you knew how he was why are you still going on with it?" Khadijah asks surprised.

I knew this would be her reaction. She always told me to get married to someone I love, to someone I derive joy from and never make that mistake of marrying someone who is gonna treat me with disrespect but with all her words, where did I end up?

"What am I supposed to do huh? Neither you nor I can do anything about it. I am doing this for Abba and I still am. I didn't tell you this to burden you, it's my burden and with Allah's help I'll get through it, I have hope that Allah knows best and will do what is good for me," I tell her through running nose.

Khadijah let out a heavy sigh taking time before speaking, as she stares at me probably looking at how stupid and dumb of a sister she has.

"I always knew from the beginning that you had the purest mind I have ever seen, you were always so good that I always prayed for you to get a person who deserved you, to marry someone who will shower you with so much love but as you said Allah knows best," she sighed "But if I had known about all these I would have talked to Abba about it and I'm mad at you for not telling me these all this time." I bow my head in tears as I feel bad also for not telling her. "Tell me hatina. Tell me the truth do you still want to go ahead with this marriage, because if you don't all you have to do is say the words" Khadijah asks being serious.