Farewell

"I'm sorry Marian, but I'm going." Robin concluded firmly.

"Please, Robin! Don't go!" Marian tried her hardest to convince him otherwise, but she knew it was no use. Robin always seemed to put the safety of the village before his own.

"I can't stay, Marian. It would be cowardly and inhuman. You know me, Marian... I need to go." Robin looked right into Marian's crystal blue eyes, and she looked right back at his warm, chocolate brown eyes. She sighed.

"Alright, Robin." Marian spoke quietly, her head down, facing the forest floor. She knew that, sometimes, love only truly shows when you are able to let them go.

"I love you, Marian." Robin lifted her chin so that they could look each other in the eye. He smiled, reassuringly. Marian eventually broke into a half-hearted smile.

"I love you too, Robin." She replied. They held their gaze for a while, melting into each other's eyes.

"Come on Robin! Where are you!?" Tuck's voice interrupted their thoughts. They could hear his and Little John's footsteps getting closer.

Robin leant in and kissed Marian. It was reasonably quick, although it was the most magical thing either of them had ever felt in their lives.

Before she knew it, unfortunately, Marian was watching her love jog away into the distance with his brave friends, searching for their peril.