Chapter 12

Chapter 12

_______________

My heart was beating out of my chest. That just happened. I thought.

Austin looked down at me, wide-eyed, waiting for me to say something I guess. But I didn't know what to say. I was speechless.

"I-I I'm sorry," Austin stuttered, setting me down on the futon and standing up.

I stared at him, looking at those lips that just touched mine. He shouldn't be sorry.

"No, wait," I said, reaching my hand out to his. "Don't be sorry, Austin."

He gave me a look full of hope, and took a step toward me.

"It's just," I looked down sheepishly. "That was my first kiss. So, um, I don't really know what to say."

Austin gave me a small smile, took my hand and say down next to me. "Me too."

I sat up, wincing at the pain in my arm. I pulled my arms around his neck, pressed my lips to his and smiled. "Good." I pulled him into a hug and he embraced me back. This moment was perfect.

But it had to end. I had to ask him something.

"Austin?" I asked, pulling away.

"Yeah?"

"Did... did you get it out?" I asked, nervously waiting for his reply.

He smiled. "Yeah, I did. And I have a plan for it," He smiled deviously.

"Oh, really?"

"Yeah. But let's get you cleaned up first."

He turned around and grabbed three water bottles. "Here, drink one of them."

"Thanks," I said, still wanting to know what his plan was.

Half an hour later, we were cleaned up, in fresh clothes, and ready to go. I was excited to get out of here, to move on to where we really needed to be. Where Austin wanted to be.

And I have to admit, Austin's plan to get rid of the tracker is brilliant. We're not going to destroy it, we're just going to make it look like we're going somewhere we're not.

"Ready?" Austin asked, reaching for my hand.

"Yep," I smiled and took his hand in mine. I let myself feel his hand as we walked together out the door of our building and into the alley that was waiting for us outside.

We left the alley and started back where we came from. The bus station.

I wanted to feel free, but I knew I couldn't just yet. We still had the tracker with us, but not for much longer. We would be free soon. But even though we were still in danger, I felt safe. With Austin I honestly felt as safe as I've felt since my parents died.

Finally, we arrived at the bus station, which was bustling with people.

Austin squeezed my hand. "You ready?"

I nodded.

"Ok. Remember we're gonna find the most random place a bus is going."

"You want to split up?" I asked.

His face turned serious. "No. I'm not leaving you, especially while we still have that tracker."

"Yeah, I guess." I shrugged my shoulders, but on the inside my heart was melting. "Well let's get rid of it then."

So we took off toward the board with all the travel information. There were so many buses departing it was hard to find the right one. One that was far enough away, and one that hadn't left yet.

Secrets (Austin Mahone Fanfic)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara