Confession

I sit on the carpet with headphones on, my door was slightly ajar if anyone needed me. My notepad in my hand, a pencil in the other. I was trying to write a new script for a new video game that was coming out soon.

My cats, which I had named this morning, were asleep around me. There was Yuka, the half white half brown Aegean. Chika, the half white half black Aegean. Hanako, the white Bombay with one green eye and one yellow eye. Finally Hinata, the other white Bombay and the only male.

I was wearing a long loose white sweater and short shorts, the sweater covering them. I had a finger placed on my lips, thinking very hard about this project. I was putting all my attention on it but nothing was coming to mind.

I feel a tap on my shoulder and I sweep a leg out from under me, knocking the person down. My eyes focus on their face and I see Tsubaki. I remove my headphones, still in a deep side lunge. I stand up fully and stare down at him.

"Why are you in my room?" I growl. He had a bit of pink on his cheeks, eyes avoiding my body.

"We were looking through childhood pictures, I wanted to know if you wanted to join us"

I sigh and help him up, he still doesn't look at me. "Is there something wrong with your eyes?" I ask.

"No but you aren't... wearing any pants" he says trying to get a hold of himself.

I stare confused, because I was wearing pants. "I'm wearing shorts. Anyway let's go join the others" I grab his hand and drag him out of my room. I take the elastic out of my hair and tie up the end of my shirt so you could see that I was wearing pants. My hair reached around mid back, meaning it wasn't short but it wasn't long.

I drag Tsubaki into the living area and join the rest of the family. Ema had a book on her lap, a photo album of the Asahina family. I sat between Ema and Masaomi, looking through the album with her. There were many different photos of the different brothers.

Masaomi's arm was slung across the back of the chair. I didn't notice it so when I leaned back I hit his arm.

"Sorry" I say.

"It's okay" he smiles gently but leaves his arm there. I remain with my back against the back of the seat.

"Do you have any old pictures of you Hana?" Wataru asks.

"I do have some, but they're shoved away on one of my shelves. I could go look if you want me to but it might take a while" I say standing.

"Why don't I help you look? It should be easier with two people looking" Masaomi says standing beside me.

"Sure I'd appreciate it" I lead us up to my room. "It's a thin blue book, it says photos on the side"

We start looking. I searched one side and he searched the other. Eventually we made it towards the centre of the bookshelves. I finally find it but Masaomi seems to find it as well. My hand reaches out for the book but Masaomi's hand touches mine. We both stare at each other for a moment, seemingly moving closer together, until someone clears their throat from the door. Both our heads turn to find Tsubaki standing with a hand on his hip. I turn back to the bookshelf, grab the album and walk out of my room.

I sit between Ema and Masaomi again, now looking through my photo album. There were many photos of me, my mom, my dad, and my friends.

"Aww you looked so cute as a child" Ema says.

"Let me see" Tsubaki says reaching for he album. He flips through, eyes scanning the pages quickly. "She's right, although you've changed a lot"

I yawn. "Well that's what puberty does to you. Anyway I should be going to bed. Night guys, and Ema" I hear a chorus of goodbyes as I head up to my room, photo album in hand.

I put the album back in its shelf and drop onto my bed. I haven't been able to sleep well the past couple days, I would keep waking up every hour or so. But right now, I felt like I could get a good nights sleep.

I didn't just get a good nights sleep, I slept in until around 6pm the next day. I stayed up working on a script for about 6 hours. It was dark outside when I looked up from the script. I go downstairs after hearing my stomach rumble. I go to the kitchen and grab some leftovers from the fridge. I sit at the table, a candle lit in front of me.

"Oh hey, can't sleep?" Tsubaki comes into the room, noticing me at the table.

"Well I did sleep, all morning actually. I just came to get some food" I motion to the plate in front of me.

"So what was going on with you and Masaomi earlier?" He asks coming closer to me.

"Nothing, we accidentally brushed hands is all"

"Can't you see I need you?!" He shouts, making me stand up out of my seat. I thought he was going to lash out at me. "I apologize for before, but time stopped when we were together" he grabs my arms, a script in one of his hands.

I stare at him, shocked. "And scene, just wanted to run a few lines" he says letting go of me and placing the script on the table. "What cliché crap huh?"

He stays silent. I stand still, waiting for him to say something else. He doesn't. Instead he quickly moves over to me, pulling me into a hug.

"I won't pretend any more, no more, I need you. Those aren't lines from the script. Here I'll prove it" he says pulling me into a kiss, his hand under my chin.

I pull away, eyes wide. He looked the same way as that day in my truck. Except this time he knew what he was doing, he wasn't drunk. I back away but he follows. I fall onto a couch, he leans over me holding my wrists in place.

"I love you, I want you, and I won't let anyone else have you" he brushes my bangs out of my face, resting his hand on my cheek.

He leans in, kissing me. My wide eyes slowly close, giving in. I hear footsteps and then Tsubaki is pulled off of me. When I open my eyes I see Azusa clinging on to Tsubaki's arm.

I watch them talk but don't listen. I was still in shock from the sudden kiss. Both men looked hostile, angry with one another. I sit up as Tsubaki walks away, my senses finally returning to me.

"Tsubaki?"

"Goodnight" he says trying to control his anger, his hand crushing the script, then he walks away.

"Are you alright?" Azusa asks.

"Yeah, are you?" I ask noticing the look in his eye.

"Yeah but you should go to bed, otherwise I might become a hypocrite" he doesn't look at me when he speaks.

"What do you mean by that?" I stand up in front of him.

He grabs my arms, pulling me to him. My lips brush his for a moment then he pulls away.

"Dammit, I'm just like him" he whispers to himself.

My eyes widen and I rush back to my room. All this was too much for me to handle.