ch4

Standing in a mesh and velvet backless Alexander McQueen ankle length skin tight gown and matching heels I gave the valet my keys then walk towards the entrance.

Inside the ballroom screamed expensive. People move around swaying to the soft music in the background- all famous faces. I took one of the expensive champagne being carried around by uniformed waiters. Walking pass a few of my customers I smiled. expensive gowns , expensive suits , expensive jewelry they all smiled back at me. Damn I sound like a thief .

I stood by myself sipping my champagne trying hard to ignore the hunger stares I get from a group of men. Out of the corner of my eye I saw a green eyed one approaching me from afar.

Three steps away he stated pulling on his tie. "Hi my-"

"Baby I just check on the kids, they're sleeping" a man out of now where came and planted a kiss on my cheek.

The green eyed one cleared his throat and swiftly disappeared. I stood there not knowing what to say.

"You seems like you needed some help..uhh hence the kiss" he said huskily

I cleared my throat and shook my head "thank?" I said sounding unsure smiling.

Seconds later I recognized him. His suit.

"I must say I did a good job " I gestured to his clothes.

Grinning he replied "yes you out did yourself"

For minutes we stood there in our own world smiling like two beautiful hyaena

The beautiful but weird moment was broke when a older man came pulling on his arm . he winked at me before following the man leaving me blusing like a high school girl.

Its funny how I didn't get his name earlier. Everyone in the room was seated as the listened to the welcome speech.

And I specially want to thank one of the youngest supporter . he has been with the helpers helping the helpless charity foundation over the past three years. You know him, please give a round a applause for Mr wright

The room erupted in applause. I followed, I don't know everyone here because I just got major exposure after dressing Odell Beckham jr.

Walking on the podium was my client from earlier. Ok your name is wright.. At least he's better looking than you know who.

Damn this man had alotttt to say but hey its all apart of success. After few more speech was given people took to the dance floor. I stood back with my second glass of champagne swirling then wright came in view.

"You don't dance"? He cocked his head to the side.

"I would but then someone let all the single men in this ballroom thought I was married" I emphasized on someone

"Well I guess that someone gotta make up for that" he hold out his hand at that very moment.

I took it as he led me to the dancefloor. John legend you and I came on at the very moment causing us both to share a look. We danced so close the only space between us was a pinky finger length.

"Ash- short for Ashanti?" He guessed

I giggle "Ashley"

"Ashley" he tasted my name on his tongue

"Its only fair I get to know yours" I said after a minute

He grinned "I'm surprised you don't know who I am. My name is Hakeem"

My body froze. Hakeem? The host introduced him as Mr wright.... Is it Him . he does have blue eyes! And dark chocolate hair...

"Hakeem wright" I stopped dancing looking everywhere but not at the man who before me.

"Is everything alright ash?" He looked at me with concern eyes. Eyes that I hoped would have gave me a glance years ago.

"I need to go" I held my dress and hurried out the room.
So many signs and I was blinded by a smile. A smile I longing for when I was sixteen.

When I reached in my red Porsche I sped away from the location. I need to a shower, I betrayed myself- my promise.

Did he know it was me? The girl he broke. The girl he embarrassed. The girl he was engaged to for only 24 hours. The gir-

boom!

Why is the light so bright? What is that noise- is that a police car?
My head hurt so bad .. Oh my god there is blood?! Now its getting dark.