Chapter Thirteen

The phone call from Jess a couple of days took Noah by surprise, never did he think that Cain's manager of all people would be wanting to ring him on a weekday, he never met the women so why the need to phone him?

The first of Noah's thought was that, something awful had happened to Cain during training, he knew Cains coach was working him rigorously with the new training program and long hours he had to put in, maybe all of that had caused Cain to injure himself. The second was the worst, Noah had an uneasy feeling in his gut that maybe that fucker Austin had done something to hurt his Cain, again.

To Noah's relief, however, it was nothing of the sought, in fact, what Cain's manager revealed to him made his lips pull into a sly grin, his fighter guy had been sulking, unfocused and moody as shit all because he missed Noah.

Grinning further at the recollection of his conversation with Jess, she was adamant that the only way his hulk of a man was going to get focused and stop biting everyone's head off was if Noah was there.

Well she more or less explained...

"the damn phone won't keep his bed warm at night Noah, and his coach sure as hell can't have him carry on training the way he has been the last couple of days. He needs access to you sweetness, come down here and give the animal exactly what he needs". Oh, I so will.

Grinning Noah asked "Is that so? He didn't tell me he's been missing all that much"

"If I know Cain, he won't say anything he'll just carry on as normal. Trust me Noah, he wants you here, the way he carries that phone of his around with him all the damn time tells me as much, but he wont say it. No darlin, Cain's way too hot headed to say or do anything about wanting his man crush here".

Face heating at the thought of being Cain's "man crush" Noah cleared his throat "well I don't want him slacking and getting distracted, so I guess I should come down.. right".

Chuckling down the phone, Jess implored "honey, he'd love it if you were down here, there's only so much of his grumpy shit we can take, I'm so damn close to slapping the oaf if he doesn't lighten the hell up".

Barking out a laugh at the women's threat, she chuckled along with him before carrying on "so tell me a day I can send one of our guys down to pick you up Noah, you definitely must be something special for our guy to get all like this".

If Cain wouldn't focus unless he had access to Noah then that's exactly what he and Jess would give him. Planning his time with Cain's manager that he would come down a couple of days later, since he hadn't taken any time off work in the past year and making his guy brood for a little longer would be that'll bit entertaining. Making it a surprise by Jess telling him on the day would be worth it.

Having decided he was indeed going to visit and stay with Cain and the team for a while, Noah thought that it was the perfect time to use his allowed holiday days.

Jess explained to him, that the team planned on staying for another 2 weeks and then Cain would go back to his regular training facility to carry on training until the fight. With that said Noah scheduled with his boss to take off the remaining week left to go down and spend time with Cain.

...

Shaken from his thoughts in the black 4x4 that Noah was currently seated in, he turned towards the voice that was buckling into the driving seat of the car.

"Good lord you pack heavy for a guy.. you sure you don't need anything else?" questioned D, voice riddled with sarcasm.

"Nah, I'm good for now. But I'll be sure to let you know Daniel" face filled with a sly grin. yeah two can play this game Mr sarcasm.