~Chapter thirty-four~

Rylan made Adeline get dressed and they both rushed down to the packhouse, wishing they had used their ten minutes.

"Really? Could you not have waited?" Brody asked. "The fate of your pack is now in your hands and you choose to stay and pleasure each other instead of sorting it out."

"Don't fucking lecture me, Brody. You can talk. You had sex with your mate two hours after you met on my parent's sofa. We didn't finish off thank you, I was busy getting dressed because you walked in." He spat back. There were other people in the room.

Adeline was in Rylan's jumper and her jogging bottoms. her neck was stinging and red but hidden under the clothes. Her mark was forming, but that was the last thing in both of their minds.

"You can't take responsibility for anything," Brody muttered sneering at Rylan and looking pissed at Adeline. "I've barely even seen you since she arrived." He pointed at Adeline.

Within seconds Rylan had him pinned to the door by his neck, dangling a few centimetres from the ground. Rylan's eyes were black, and he was breathing heavily.

"Stop." Adeline put her hand on Rylan's abdomen and pushed him gently away. "As much as I would love to argue about who did what, this need sorting out, everyone's in danger, we don't need another scrap," Adeline said responsibility.

She walked round to the desk and sat down in Rylan's seat, logging onto his computer. She read the note which was in a sealed bag on the desk.

"Times up. You've got 3 hours, and then we're coming... I'm sure you're prepared. Right?

Oh, and I must apologize, I didn't interrupt anything did I? ;)"

"He must have figured out that tonight was out ceremony," Adeline said quickly. She was going to take charge.

"Well yeah... Duh?" Brody replied sarcastically and they both gave him a firm look.

"What did the guards find from the other people who you captured? From when we went shopping?"

"They only gave out information about the stuff we already knew. We still have no idea why he's doing this."

"We have enough warriors to take them out, easily. Make sure they're prepared." Adeline mentioned quickly and the guards standing in the room looked confused, along with Brody. They looked at Rylan for reassurance.

"What?" Adeline raised her head.

"Adeline is your Luna, she's my equal, you will take orders from both of us. Not just me." Rylan told them and they all straightened up, nodding. A few of them walked out of the door, following her orders.

"They're going to attack the north side of the pack, so we should have border patrols still on the other side just in case, right?" Adeline asked Rylan who nodded.

"We'll put 3,000 warriors on the north side and keep the rest at the packhouse, in case we're attacked from all angles, but I doubt it," Rylan told her, the guards listening.

"And everyone that doesn't need to be outside is on lockdown? You've informed them that this is serious and that they shouldn't leave their houses?" Adeline looked to Brody who nodded.

"We'll put some warriors in the housing estates, to keep everyone safe." He stated. "I should be fighting too."

"We both should," Adeline told him.

"No, I'm not letting you go out there, you're tired and it's not safe," Rylan stated.

"What are we going to do then...?"