Chapter 8

Dedicated to GeekBragger! For amazing support and comments! :)

Sophie's P.O.V

"Jakey." I said pleadingly.

"Why do you ruin the fun?" He pouted and stomped his foot like the eleven year old kid he is.

"Who's your favourite sibling now?" Matt said smirking at me from across the table.

"It's my life, it's complicated enough as it is." I sighed. "But I appreciate it." I said pulling him into a side hug.

"Yeah, yeah." He waved me off. What happened to the Jakey who wouldn't let go of my leg? I sighed and ruffled his hair.

"No, no, no! Not the hair Soph!" He whined while stalking off.

"Abby, I think you have enough food on your plate." My mother said reaching for Abby's plate.

"No." Abby shouted and put her arms around her food protectively. She looked at me and I raised my eyebrows at her attitude. "Sorry." She mumbled.

"Kids and their food." My mother muttered shaking her head as they both went off towards the guys.

"So, whats with the random chick?" Kerri said watching Zac and Paige talking over by the oak tree.

"She's not just any chick. She's Paige Imastone, only one of the top ten actresses in the world." Tina said in a duh tone.

"She's his fiancee." I sighed and took a sip from my orange juice.

"Get out!" Kat spat. Tina's jaw hit the floor while Kerri glared at her from a far.

"I'm throwing out all her films." Tina said throwing down her fork, suddenly losing her appetite which was very rare for her.

"Guys, I know what your doing and as much as I love you all for it, this isn't her fault. Zac left and he started a new life." I shrugged. "He moved on so why can't I. I'm not going to go begging on my knees for him to take me back. The damaged is done so lets all move past this." I said letting out a deep breath.

Easier said then done but there's not point in living in the past.

"Oh, you mean like that song you wrote five years ago. And all the other songs after that." Kerri asked raising her eyebrows.

"Exactly, five years ago! Can we move on, I have." I said whilst smiling at my kids. The followed my gaze and smiled before agreeing.

"Fine, but if she turns into the whole crazy girlfriend like in the movies, I'm not promising anything." Tina said while rolling up her sleeves.

"Ok, but until then.."

"We play happy families?" Kerri finished. I nodded and tore my gaze away from Zac and Paige. I couldn't help the pain and hurt coursing through my body everytime I look at him though. The pain doubles when I see how happy he is standing with a woman who I always thought would have been me.

"If you ask me, I'd say she's a scampi little actress looking for fame and fortune in my son." Maria said sitting next to me.

"Maria." I gasped. "You don't know the poor girl."

"Oh hunny, I may not know the girl but I know you and my son were destined to be together." I shook my head laughing. "Beside's, I don't want her to be my daughter-in-law, have you seen how she acts around everyone. No wonder she's so talented. I bet it's all daddy's doing." I rolled my eyes as she spoke so lowly of her.

"Actually I heard someone spotted her on the streets and asked to sign her." I said matter of factly. While watching the girls up and leave the table.