night meetings part seven

Allen had woken up that morning ready to go back to sleep. He was tired and cranky after another night up late, but in a good way? The positive aftereffects of his talk with Kanda lingered even when he'd gotten back to his room, his sleep just like the night before was peaceful and dreamless. Again he couldn't believe that he would ever have actual good thoughts about the man. Thinking about Kanda made Allen grasp the braid lightly, having his scar so exposed was still weird but the thoughts of how gentle Kanda had been pushed the feeling to the back. As well as how nice kanda looked with hair down. Allen felt a warmth grow in his chest when he saw kanda's hair tie and the image of his dark hair invaded his vision. He gave the braid one last brush before deciding to leave it in, it was a little rugged from sleeping but Allen didn't think could redo it. Or rather if Kanda would.
Following his almost ritual like morning Allen made his way down to eat a mountainous breakfast.

Allen hummed softly as he slowly made his way around the twist and turns of the order. Turning one corner he made eye contact with Kanda walking in the opposite direction. Allen felt a smile grow on his face in greeting and he didn't miss the glance Kanda made at his hair or the small (and not a smirk) smile on his face after. It made Allen feel even better with his decision to keep it. They were a couple of doors from each other and Kanda wasted no time in shortening the distance. As he came closer Allen unintentionally let out a quick 'oh' seeing Kanda's hair up in its signature style. Allen had never really took notice of what Kanda did with his hair but now it was the only thing he could see. Finally caming to a stand still in front of him, Kanda raised an eyebrow in question, and maybe concern? Allen couldn't tell.

It wasn't until Kanda let out a huff obviously getting inpatient that Allen realized he'd been glaring silently at the man. Kanda crossed his arms getting defensive. "What, Moyashi."

Allen dropped his glare instantly, trying to show he wasn't actually mad at him, just his, hair? Which was crazy so he smiled instead."Nothing, Kanda"

"Bull."

Allen cringed back at how harsh he sounded. Kanda dropped his arms quickly reaching for him and looking ready to apologize.

"Your hairs up." Allen spit out as kanda moved closer feeling silly and looking away with a frown visible. It was such a dumb thing to be bothered by.

"So is yours moyashi." kanda grabbed a gentle hold of Allen's braid as proof.

"Yeah yeah but I thought..because I had your hair tie.."
Allen tugged on the braid still in kanda's hand. He looked up to see that they were sharing a confusing frown. The frowning contest continued until Kanda laughed softly, making Allen the winner but also more confused. Kanda dropped his hold on Allen's braid then reaching up moved the hair that flowed from his ponytail so it fell over his shoulders and around his face. He held it close as if seeing it for the first time. Smirking kanda leaned forward a bit and moved the ends of his hair closer to the moyashi.
"Do you not like it like this moyashi?" Kanda's genuine smile made Allen's face warm.

"No! I mean yes?" Allen covered his face with his hands trying to hide. This would have been a great time to have his hair down as an extra shield. He was only able to hide for a minute before large hands cover his own and remove them both.
"Oi, I was kidding Moyashi it's fine." Allen had to tilt his head up to see kanda now he was so close.
He could only let out a sputtering okay as kanda still held his hands away from his face.

Kanda lower their hands to Allen's side."Did you think I only had one hair tie?"

"Well.."

Kanda laughed, Allen bit his tongue oddly embarrassed.

"No, I have others, I lose them more then I would like to admit." Allen couldn't help but laugh through his embarrassment.

"Well now that that's settled." Allen smiled warmly at Kanda. "Good morning, Kanda."

******::::::******::::::******

Hey, I'm back. Sorry for the really long wait. But let me know what you think of this part!
Have a good day/night/morning!

-Rabbity