night meetings final part

Allen and Kanda were inseparable after that, their partnership stronger both on and off the battlefield. They no longer waited until the late hours of the night to see each other and be open to one another. Still, a night meeting happened here and there. Mostly in Kanda's room and occasionally in the town where they sat and chatted for hours, Shouto and Izuku joining them when they weren't busy. 

------::::::------::::::------

"Want to meet up later again tonight? I want to stop in Komui-sans office before I go do anything else." Allen ran his hand down Kanda's arm reaching to intertwine their fingers, glancing sideways at Kanda with a silly smile on his face seeing Johnny take that as his cue to leave. They had just come back from visiting the Asian branch with Johnny, who scampered off to share whatever information he'd gathered and no longer wishing to feel like a third wheel. Allen felt bad for Johny, who'd obviously became awkward and red-faced whenever they became 'grossly affectionate' as Lavi had called it before. They left the Arch behind as they stepped into an adjoining room that would lead them to one of the many halls that scrabbled The Order.

"Sure Moyashi." Allen dropped his head in annoyance at the nickname spinning on his heel to glare up at him.

"My name is still Allen, Kanda! We've known each other-been partners for over a year. I think you could remember my name now." Kanda hummed in agreement, and slipped both arms around his neck, linking fingers through the white strands of hair. This still being a regular argument between them, each answering out of habit rather than actually trying to start a fight. 

Allen refused to meet his eyes or give in to the soft way Kanda moved to push his bangs aside and look at his face, determined to prove himself and continue his rant.

"And if I do recall, you said that if I lasted longer than a year you would put the effort in to remember."  A quick peck on the cheek made him smile despite his annoyance. 

"I do remember that." Allen arched a brow in question and expected him to continue. When Kanda only grinned back at him saying nothing, he growled in frustration and shoved the arms away from him. Choosing to pout and cross his arms when Kanda laughed. He half-heartedly put up a fight as Kanda pulled him back into his arms and rested his chin on Allen's head. He could still feel the slight vibrations of Kanda's laugh running through his chest, tucking his face against it Allen sighed and wrapped his own arms around Kanda's waist, tugging him close.

"Alright, Allen." He hid his dopey grin in Kanda's shirt, unable to stop the warmth that filled his heart at the loving way he said his name. Kanda leaned down to place his lips on the raised star-shaped scar on his forehead mumbling a quiet 'love you' against it, Allen closed his eyes welcoming it. Pulling back just enough to face each other again Allen's grin fully on display.

"I love you too, Bakanda."

Kanda snorted trying not to laugh and gave him an almost judging look."You know this feels very one-sided."

His grin fell, just a bit, not understanding what Kanda was implying. "What do you mean?"

"I don't think it's fair to call you Allen and be stuck with 'bakanda".  Allen's mouth very comically formed a surprised 'o'. 

"You're right, you're right."  Allen fixed him with a warm look, relaxing in Kanda's hold. "I love you, Kanda."

An internal battle took place on Kanda's face and Allen's showed his concern waiting for him to say what was bothering him.

"I don't think that's the name I'm looking for.'" Allen sputtered wildly thinking Kanda was messing with him.

"Well, what else would you want me to call you-"

Kanda's words sounded choked and low cutting him off. "Yuu. I'd prefer it if you called me Yuu, Allen." 

Allen didn't hesitate and threw his arms around Kanda's neck forcing his face down to meet his lips. He almost brought them both to the floor but Kanda's hands flat against his lower back kept them both upright. Not wanting to part Allen whispered against the side of Kanda's mouth."I love you, Yuu. More then I could ever express."

A hand lifted his chin and another brushed a thumb across his cheek, tracing the mark under his eye. A thoughtful look in his eyes, "I think you need to practice pronouncing it."

Allen threw back his head and laughed "Like you don't have an accent when you say mine. You just wanted to keep hearing me say it."

"Possibly half the reason." Allen smacked him lightly in the arm for that rolling his eyes.

"Not going to try and slice my head off like Lavi?" 

"Only if you join him in annoying me." He laughed again, promising he would never in a million years do that, Kanda flicked his nose calling him a liar. 

"Right, so Yuu?" Kanda's eyes if possible softened more.

"Yes, Allen I'll see you later, and we can think of something to do then." Kanda gave him a kiss on the cheek again before turning to walk away, thinking better of it Kanda leaned back in and locked his lips firmly over Allen's, a pleased sound escaping his throat when Allen stepped closer and gently ran his fingers over his face. Allen didn't know if he would ever be able to catch his breath again when they both stepped back, hands slowly slipping from the other's grip as they readied to head in separate directions. Still, a little breathless Allen barely managed to croak out a "when" at Kanda's retreating back, his mind getting a sense of dé-jà vu. 

Kanda turned back just like he had then.

"You'll know when." And he was gone. Allen's mind raced with the thoughts 'does he think I'm a bloody psychic?'or 'what the hell is that supposed to mean you girly haired enigma!' All the while he stood stone like in the hall as Lenalee came around a corner. She was surprised at first but put on a warm smile seeing her friend.

"Afternoon Allen, how's everything-" Allen cut her off not really noticing her sudden appearance.

"KANDA YUU, YOU FUC--"

"ALLEN!" Lenalee snapped.

Allen shook his fist at the ceiling. "WOULD YOU LET ME FUCKIN CURSE ALREADY!"

::::::****::::****::::

The end

Thank you for reading

-Rabbity