Chapter Fourteen - I'm Sorry, Charlie

Cas and Gabe left early the next morning, and Dean didn't say a word to Cas. Once they'd left, Dean hurried up to his room. A few minutes after he got there, Sam poked his head in the door.

"Hey. Are you okay? You look a little down," he said. 

"I'm fine, Sam," Dean said. Sam paused, giving Dean a mistrustful look. Dean looked back at him until Sam turned away and walked down the hall.

***

Dean wasn't looking forward to seeing Cas again when school started up again, and he was right about now awkward it would be. For him, at least. Cas seemed fine. They'd barely finished their first class before Cas was texting Dean telling him to meet him in the closet. When Dean showed up, he noticed that, upon closer inspection, Cas didn't look much better than Dean felt. He looked tired, and there were faded bruises on his face. Cas started kissing Dean as soon as he saw him and Dean started working his clothes off.

Dean and Cas had barely disconnected when suddenly the door opened. Dean jumped, flinching away from the face of one of the other students.

"Oh my god!" She exclaimed, shutting the door quickly. Dean stared at the shut door for a minute, and then it really hit him what had just happened and he lunged for his clothes and started putting then back on.

"Oh god, oh god... what if she tells everyone?" Dean worried. Cas started getting dressed also, although slower. Dean looked around at him.

"Aren't you worried about this? How are you so calm!" Dean shouted. Cas pulled out his phone.

I'm used to it. My sex life is the favorite reality show in this school.

"Well mine isn't!" Dean said, running out of the closet.

***

Dean was paranoid the next few hours, and his paranoia was validated when Charlie ran up to him in between classes and slapped him in the face. Dean stared at her.

"What the fuck, Dean? How could you!" she screamed.

"Charlie-"

"Shut up! You knew, you knew everything! You total ass!" Tears were pouring down Charlie's cheeks as she yelled.

"Charlie, I'm sorry, I-"

"Don't ever talk to me again!" She screamed before turning on her heel and running. Dean looked up to see everyone in the hallway staring at him and turned to walk out. He went straight to his car, ignoring the rest of school. He just wanted to go home.

By the time he got to his house, he had a text from Cas.

Well lookie who got himself a starring roll in the school reality show

Dean stormed up to his room and sat on his bed, trying to imagine what to do next. Everything had happened so fast, it barely seemed real. And now he'd lost one of his only friends. He'd probably lost everyone. Except Cas, of course. But that was hardly any consolation. There weren't any feelings there, Cas had made that very clear.

Don't worry, cupcake, they'll have something new to talk about by Monday.

Dean clenched his hands into fists to keep from throwing his phone across the room. Charlie would never forgive him for this. Oh god, what had he done?