••• Fourty-Seven •••

From the moment the plane touched down and I found myself on familiar ground, everything has been a blur of moments leading up to me sitting before my computer, the pages printing away beside me as Fiona sits in front of my desk, looking at the interior of my office as I print off the next document. As the first document finishes, I collect the thick document and tie the instructed silver chain around the pages as if wrapping a ribbon over a gift. Grabbing her stamp from her bag, Fiona gets up and grabs hold of the candle burning. Blowing out the candle, she pours the hot wax over the cover page and silver string, stamping the crest of her coven on the document. This will be the third one made, this one to be sent to the Temple where the Head Priestess resides and will have to carry out a trial immediately.  The other two will be sent to the palace where King Laraxis will soon be facing his last days as King and the other will be sent to the Rogue Ring Leaders as testimony of the acts Zion has caused once again. This document was written with immense details from Fiona, her coven's crest only to symbolize it to be an official document of her coven. Written are the details of the promise Zion gave her, the planning they went through, the threats he gave her, and all the laws of nature Zion has broken just get bring his lover back. The second document printing is a detailed informative report to be given to Laraxis himself showing every single law Zion broke from before he took the crown to present. If anything, this document is to show Laraxis that Zion must be made not just someone needing to face justice, but someone who even committed treason more than twice.

"I will make sure Laraxis is given this document, Elijah has instructed me to deliver it myself," I inform Fiona as the detailed law breaking Zion has done is done printing and I place it into a briefcase. "I will send out messengers for your documents before the end of the night."

"And I will wait here patiently?" Fiona asks, annoyed with the idea of not having any more power for the time being until the documents are processed. "Do you not need a protector on the way to the palace? You are the woman whose husband killed the last king." She is right, no one will be glad to see me there, especially the nobles who knew the queen personally. She was loved by much of the kingdom for her sweet soul as it was opposite of man she married.

Grabbing the three documents, I lead Fiona out of my office as she grabs my briefcase. The two warriors outside my office watch as we exit the office, taking the documents from me as they know they will be delivering these documents as fast as possible. Why not email them? The Temple is old fashioned and tradition calls for hand-delivered letters, the palace keeps the King's email private so hand delivery is one way to avoid corruption, and the Ring Leaders do not care for organization and believe calling is the only way to reach them. With the list of crimes and the detailing of Zion's resurrection process with Fiona and me, we head for the front door of the pack house. "We have a plane waiting for us, wheels up in forty minutes," I inform Fiona, agreeing to let her tag along as the witch passes by pack members of mine with fear in their eyes. After all, a witch with black eyes, cracking skin, and her soul damned to an eternal suffering, anyone would be afraid of her presence, even if on the same side of this battle.

"And what of your daughter? I hear you have yet to see her since you came to my coven."

Terrance's words will always sting. He was always right on some points of what may happen with my daughter.

"We have a deadline to meet."

Heading out the door and into the car, I drive us away as the ride is silent for the first half, only for Fiona to rip off the band-aid. "To chase after Sybil and have the power to kill her and bring back your husband, I would have thought you would have done exactly that. Bring back the man you loved. Why?"

"Perhaps because I am human," I reply. "I was born and raised for most of my life believing that magic, resurrection, werewolves, and all of this was some silly story told to children to help expand their imagination. The thought of many of these things existing is still nerve wracking to me,  I just found out elves were a thing a year ago and could not believe it. The idea of resurrection is something I still cannot process, for it is unnatural and it is cheating death. Death is a natural process and we should learn to accept that."