Being the Hero ~Shocked~

School went by fast. I was still kind of mad. Well my ex-best friend (Bella) was starting to get close with my newest best friend Melody. She was a year older. 8th grade, but still she never acknowledged Melody till I started talking to her. If you have a friend like that then I feel sorry for you cuz’ I even feel sorry for myself sometimes…

I walked out of school. Kevin was right in front of me. I kept my breathing normal-ish and heart rate quiet. I was right behind him. I knew I was either going to trip or bump into him.

I was on the left and he was on the right. But I went down the right staircase right behind him. His foot was still on the first stepped and well, I stepped on it. ACCIDENT!

But hey in 5th grade he stepped on my foot -on purpose- and left bruises! I had to paint my toes for weeks! He’d live with a hundred pound girl.

He lifted his foot up at the same time and I almost fell. I grabbed the rail and saved myself from falling. I wonder if I fell he would catch me? That’d be so cute! Awe!

I snapped outta my thoughts when he turned around and laughed. No sorry, are you okay, nothing!! Ugh! But he laughed not like jerk laugh, but a laugh that’s like gosh-we’re-so-clumsy! But it was cute. I started walking behind him again. Him and Jason stopped at a giant car. Kevin held open the door.

I was walking away but I heard him say “Ladies first.” I laughed with him. He was silly. I mean I’m sure every other girl loved him. But I have a chance, and that scares me. Even more that Friday is the Spring Fling. Gulp!

I went home and told my mom about the almost tripping accident. Her response? “I think he likes you.” She laughed but meant it.

“Shut up mom.” I said turning around. I was really mad but I made it seem fake so I wouldn’t be grounded.

“I’m serious!” She exclaimed.

“Me too. Look I gotta go look at this Student Counsel form.” I said leaving to my room.

It was official…I was running for 8th representative.

The next day Kevin wasn’t here. But in a way I’m glad, I was kinda pissed and I don’t want him to see me mad. Also I got my new glasses this evening. They were huge and brown. Totally not what I thought they were gunna be. And they are incredibly strong. I can see a store sign from 100 feet away. But also it enhanced my close vision and well I have had I migraine ever since I got them. I’m afraid of what Kevin will think- say.

I’m kinda hoping it’ll turn out like this.

“Are those new glasses?” His friend Kayden asks. “Yeah.” I mumble.

“You look like a nerd.” He laughs.

“You’re a jerk you know that?” I scowl.

“At least I don’t have huge glasses like that.” He cocks.

“Just leave her alone dude.” Kevin says yelling at him, locking his glace at me for a second.

“Thanks.” I mumble.

His eyes flick to me then back to his conversation.

Now if that happened I’d do two things. One, love him. Two, kill Kayden.

Okay the day turned out like I didn’t want it to. But on the up side, I bitch-slapped Taylin. Man it felt good! I mean all you heard is a wack! With the yelling of “Backslapped!” From Kayden. The rest of the day was okay. Not many people notice me so they didn’t notice my glasses. Kevin didn’t notice. Not that I dared to look up from my book.

Tomorrow was the Spring Dance and I was wearing skinny jeans and a tank top. Yep that’s all cuz’ I don’t have a dress. Plus I’ll still look cute.

Okay well I got ready with Scar. And then we were a bit over dressed. How much? Well lets just say we were the only ones not in jeans.

Well Jade ditched. And unlike she said, my ’lover boy’ was there. I probably spent half the time coxing Bella and staring at him. He left early but not before getting a few funny dances. I mean only for a second, but they were cute. Showing he is totally carefree and funny. Wow I’m in love with this guy. As much as I hate to admit it…we’re perfect for each other.

Now all I gotta do is tell Jade. Psh yeah right like that's ever going to happen!

Bella came home with me. I couldn’t let her go home after what she’d told me. Lets just say it’s the worst thing you could ever say.

Even with Bella next to me, Kevin wasn’t off my mind. Just the way he smiled was so pure. I don’t think he saw me though. Which makes me sad. But hey I did try to help a girl get her guy back and it didn’t work. It kinda gave me the courage to talk to him, then I lost it. I’m so weak. Gosh this is like one of those stories I read. Haha. I fell asleep early. About 12?

I woke up at 6:30. Bella’s jerk of a mom had told her to walk somewhere then tell them to give her a ride home. I kicked Bella and handed her the phone.

“I don’t like your mom.” I mumbled sleepily. “Me either. I’m just gunna have her come get me now.”

I rolled over and hit my ‘glow light’ on my alarm. 6:40.

“Bella! Its 6:40 am! 24 hours and 4 minutes ago I got ready for school now would you please let me sleep?” I said pulling my covers over my head.

After 15-ish?- minutes her mom honked all loud! I’m sure she’s dead if she comes back to my neighborhood!

“Bye Selena.”

“Bye Bella. Hope your house gets happy-er?” I said squinting. I heard a door close and I fall back onto my pillow. In 5 hours I have to start my student counsel stuff. Great.

5th hour the next day was amazing. Kevin locked eyes with me, then put up his binder. Okay odd. “Anyways we’re staying after school tomorrow remember?” I asked Bella.

“Ugh yes!”

I looked over at Kevin again. Him and Kayden were talking super quiet. Then Kayden popped up and smiled at me creepily. Kevin had a flash of anxiousness then pulled him back down and said something loud and random “Then they were going to fight.” Okay that was an odd thing to say.

I let it go but I knew they were talking about me.

Scar was having a bit of a bad day so I had to talk to Kevin. She broke up with her boyfriend and since Kevin was in all the classes I wasn’t in with her, I had no choice.

I walked up to him and tapped his shoulder.

“Hey can you do me a favor?”

“Sure what?” He said grabbing his books. I couldn't help but notice I was like to his shoulder. I snapped out of it in a flash and got back on topic.

“Can you make sure Scar’s ex gets no where near her?”

“Yeah I have next hour with her so sure.”

“Thanks.” I said then walked into class.

After Scar came back laughing.

“Kevin do his job?” I looked between them.

“Yep!” He laughed.

“He was all ‘no step away!’ ‘you’re too close!’ ‘stop looking!’” She laughed.

“Thanks Kevin.” I smiled then escorted Scar to class.

The next day was interesting…How you ask? [Well you just have to tune into the next chapter (; ]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Well you heard Selena! Tune in for the next chapter! And please comment and vote! like a click of a button and a few words aren't too hard. Support is what keeps wattpad going correct? Plus I extra-love all my feedback-ers! xD

TTYLXOX

Shyanne <3