[ eight ] werewolf in need

c h a p t e r   e i g h t werewolf in need 

werewolf in need 

The next day, Stiles picked Harper up before school as usual. Harper waved goodbye to her grandma, who was getting ready for work, and darted out the door, clutching her backpack. She jumped into the very familiar jeep, her smile dropping when she saw the anxious look on Stiles' face.

"Judging by the smile on your face I'm guessing Scott didn't tell you what happened last night, did he?" Stiles sighed as he backed off of the driveway and began their usual route to school.

Harper frowned. "No. What is it? Is he okay?"

"Scott's fine." Stiles explained. "But he found out a few things. Like, how the person that bit Scott was an Alpha, and the Alpha is hanging around Beacon Hills."

Her eyes widened. "If you said that to me a couple of months ago, I would have thought you were absolutely crazy. I hate that that sentence actually makes sense to me." She groaned, running a hand through her hair.

Stiles scoffed. "Yeah, well, our lives are very far from normal now. So... what happened on your date last night? You said you'd tell me."

The brunette sighed, twiddling some hair in between her fingers. "Harry Dallas is one of the biggest losers ever, is what I learned."

Stiles frowned. "What did he do?"

"He was just really rude and he was flirting with me the entire time. I mean, I know that it's meant to be a group date or whatever but when he touched my thigh I flipped."

Stiles' eyes widened and he gripped the steering wheel tighter. "He did that?" He grumbled.

Harper nodded. "I left without saying goodbye."

Stiles chuckled dryly. "You should have slapped him or something."

Harper rolled her eyes. "When have I ever hit anyone before? I would have gotten kicked out, too."

"You hit me once in middle school." Stiles raised his eyebrows.

"You stole my juice." Harper chuckled fondly at the memory. "And it wasn't even that hard."

"It left a bruise." Stiles chimed.

Harper cringed. "Sorry."

The boy with the buzzcut just shook his head and laughed. "Don't apologise. It was, like, four years ago."

"Still."

About eight minutes later he pulled up into the back of the school carpack and Harper climbed out, thanking him for the ride. He just shrugged it off as the bell rang.