[ eleven ] happy right here

c h a p t e r   e l e v e n happy right here

c h a p t e r e l e v e n
happy right here

The sound of something falling caused Harper's eyes to snap open the next morning, her hands grabbing the duvet around her as she looked for the cause. Stiles Stilinski was on the floor in the middle of her bedroom, one of his shoes half off his foot as he groaned out in pain.

"What are you doing?" Harper mumbled, blinking the sleep away.

The Stilinski boy's head quickly looked in her direction, worried. "Harper! I didn't mean to wake you. You go back to sleep, okay? I'll be back after school."

"What's the time?"

"Eight." Stiles replied, causing her to panic. "I'm leaving in five."

"Why didn't you wake me up, you idiot?" Harper threw the covers off of her body and rushed towards the wardrobe.

Stiles scoffed. "You were attacked by the Alpha last night and you want to go to school today?" He tutted. "No, no, no. You are staying in bed."

"I have an exam in German." She snapped at him.

His face fell a little and Harper softened. "Oh, God. Stiles, I didn't mean to-"

"It's okay." He grabbed her hand and squeezed it. "I get it, honestly. If I had a dead guys blood on me, I wouldn't be my normal, sunshine self either.

Harper couldn't bring herself to smile, instead she shot him a grateful look, which he just nodded to.

"I'll stay off today." She whispered.

Stiles nodded. "Good. Rest. Sleep. Think- but not too much, okay?"

Harper chuckled, shaking her head at him as he quickly rushed to finish tying his laces and grabbed his school bag. He gave her a short hug and goodbye, saying something about meeting her after school at his house before the parent/teacher conference.

☹☻

After eating a breakfast bar, Harper stayed on the couch downstairs in the living room and began to watch movies, anything to take her mind off of what happened last night. She had stuck to some old Disney films, no horrors for her for a while.

When lunch time rolled around, Harper decided to text Stiles.

To Stiles: hey. how are lydia and jackson ??

Stiles: lydia isn't at school. and why do you care about jackass?

To Stiles: he did kinda save my life yesterday

Stiles: well, he's fine. just as bitchy as normal

To Stiles: great. I'm gonna go over to Lydia's and see how she is so I will talk to you soon

Stiles: okay. Please be careful.

To Stiles: I always am.

Harper switched off the TV and put her phone into her pocket. Just as she got up, a hand reached out and pushed her body against the wall behind her, knocking the breath out of her and causing her to freak out. Harper's eyes landed on an angry Derek Hale who stood there, glaring at her.