[twenty one] babe

c h a p t e r   t w e n t y o n e babe

c h a p t e r t w e n t y o n e
babe

"Allison, when you said you needed to stop for an errand before we went shopping, a five-mile hike in the woods was not what I was expecting." Lydia panted as she and Harper attempted to catch up with the Argent, who was storming ahead.

Harper nodded. "Yeah, someone needs to warn me before we go into the woods because I always get my shoes muddy." She looked down at her Adidas shoes, once again wanting to cry for them.

The strawberry blonde raised an eyebrow. "How many times have you been in these woods?"

"Oh, um, not many." Harper quickly lied, becoming flustered by the sudden question. "Allison, why don't you tell us what we're doing here?"

"Before that, I want to ask Lydia something." Allison spoke, carrying the massive black bag underneath her shoulder. "Jackson asked me to the winter formal."

Harper and Lydia's eyes both widened. "Did he?" Lydia squeaked.

The Empath could feel the jealousy rolling off of her. Her and Stiles read last night that a new Empath could feel the emotions of others and accidentally act on them- she really hoped that she would have hers under control until she finds more about what she could do.

"Yeah. Just as friends. But I wanted to make sure that you were okay with it first."

Lydia nodded. "Sure, as long as it's just friends." Lies. Lies. Lies.

"Well, yeah, I mean, it's not like I would take him into a random classroom during lacrosse practice to make out with him or anything. Would I, Harper?" Allison sneered, chuckling sarcastically.

Harper's face immediately turned red and she felt like crying with guilt. Lydia's mouth fell open and she let out an inhuman noise as Harper quickly grabbed Allison's shoulder.

"Allison... I didn't kiss him back, I swear. I would never-"

Allison rolled her eyes. "It doesn't matter."

...

"What does that do?" Lydia asked as Allison crouched down, screwing some sort of arrow head down.

Harper didn't know anything about archery at all, but she did know that that wasn't a normal arrow. She had a feeling that it had something to do with the fact that the Argents knew that there was a second Beta around, and they knew it went to Beacon Hills High School.

"We're about to find out." Allison replied, lifting it up from the ground.

She put it in the bow and pulled the arrow back, concentrating on the tree in front of her. She released it and it went flying flawlessly through the air, only stopping when it hit the centre of the tree. Sparks flew from it and there was a small explosion, smoke filling the air.