Visitor

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

 It was a little over two hours before (f/n) started to stir in her sleep. She rolled onto her left side and blinked open her eyes, looking for the time. The watch read that it was thirty minutes after noon. (F/n) could still feel her head hurting somewhat, but it was getting better. By tomorrow the pain should be gone completely.

Reassuring herself that this would be the case, she went to get off her bed to get some lunch. Granted, this plan seemed to evaporate into nothingness when her eyes landed on what was beside the bed. On the right side of the bed and on her left, the dancing man statue stared back at her. Its beady eyes and upturned nose seemed to mock her condition, while its snapping fingers seemed to dictate that she would die soon.

Her entire body felt glued to the spot, as her mind pulled at pieces to tell her that what she was seeing wasn't real. She was just dreaming, especially since her mother had confirmed that there was nothing suspicious in the house. Then again, her mother had pointed out that the antiques could be the cause for the unnerving atmosphere in the house. Or perhaps, this one antique in particular was haunted, and it purposely fell onto the head of its previous owner.

Whatever the case she wanted to get away from it and lock it away somewhere. Backing away from it, she essentially crab-walked to the left side of the bed. As she did so, though, the statue slowly crept forward across the table. Her limbs began to tremble, while her eyes darted around for an escape. Well, the only escape she could think of was to run.

With no more hesitation, she bolted off the bed and ran for her room door. She dashed into the hallway and slammed the door behind her. Looking back towards the closed door, she waited for something to happen. Instead of the door opening and revealing the statue, everything remained quiet. At least that was the case until the sound of something being dragged filled the nearby area.

She could feel her heart beating rapidly in her chest, as she took step after step away from her room door. The noise continued, and soon enough the door blew back open. Steadily, the table and statue progressed out of the room. Concerning the table, however, it came to a stop. As for the statue, it turned itself, at the pace of a snail, towards her.

At that point it felt like a staring contest. The statue made no movements, and neither did she. (F/n) knew what would probably happen if she bolted for the front door, and she had no wish to be out cold again. She could always open a window and jump out through there, but the same thing might happen. If the statue was the cause of this, though, all she had to do was remove it from the house, right? That might anger whatever possessed the object, but at least it would be out of the house.

These thoughts were broken, however, when the statue suddenly raced forward. Not wanting to know what would happen if it broke; (f/n) rushed towards it and yelled out several curse words along the way. She caught the statue and quickly made it for the backdoor. Speedily, she unlocked it and ran outside into the garden. Despite thinking in her head that she was moving fast, her limbs could only carry her so quickly with the burden of the forty-pound statue.

Behind the houses, on this side of Gasper Drive, was a park. Nathan's house happened to fall in front of the duck pond. So, she walked as fast as she could through the large garden and lifted the statue over the fence, which was taller than her. (F/n) proceeded to throw the statue as best she could from the awkward angle, but it ended up just falling into the close by pond. A loud splash followed, and she sighed in relief.