Back to Silence

A/N: As usual, I would recommend putting the video on loop.

"Like I would give you a parting gift, but I assume that I don't have a choice in the matter," (f/n) replied, taking a step back into the kitchen. Frankly, she wanted to clean the blood, which was dripping down her left cheek. There was also the fact that she really wished that she had a choice, but she had a feeling that if she disobeyed, things would take another turn for the worse.

He could've written his name anywhere on her, but he chose her upper left cheek. Drem could've just as easily picked her midsection or another undesirable region. Then again, anywhere on her was unpleasant, and she wasn't keen on having his name on her face temporarily or permanently.

"Well, of course, you have a choice. You always have a choice, little doe. It's just a matter of what you want my next action to be. You know how forceful I can get. So, unless you can't hold back your rebellious tendencies or are just masochistic, I suggest that you choose wisely," he answered, his sickening grin tugging at his lips.

"And, what parting gift would you like exactly?" she questioned, as venom laced her every word, while she crossed her arms over her chest and maintained her scowl.

"I'll let you decide on that, though; I'm quite sure that you know what I want."

"Well, I certainly know what you need," she remarked in an irritated way, stepping closer to him now.

"Oh, you do? How interesting, and what do I need, little doe?"

Without a moment's hesitation, she closed the distance between them and kneed him in the groin. While she stepped back, he fell forward, as he clutched his attacked region. An expression between pissed off and amused took over his countenance. Before he could compose himself, she bolted for the front door.

Beforehand, she was going to be rational and not do anything rash, but he had asked for it. He should've seen what was coming or noticed that something was up from her tone. Besides, being that close to the front door was too tempting. When she had been some distance from it, and Drem wasn't injured, it made sense to comply and not anger him. Now, though, things were appearing to be somewhat in her favor.

Then again, this was stupid mistake, once she recalled just how quickly the male could recover himself. She had just opened the door when the door was slammed shut. (F/n) was now pressed against the wooden surface, and she could feel his hands on the back of her shoulders. Her body ached from the collision, and it was already sore from the previous happenings.

His breath tickled the back of her neck, while he pressed himself against her. "You really can't help yourself, can you, little doe? Always finding some way to fight against it, yet in the end you always get caught. Still, having prey that doesn't learn does lift my spirits. Regardless, you just forfeited your opportunity to choose your present to me. To think that your gift could've just been a simple kiss on the cheek too," he voiced before he lowered his lips to the back of her left shoulder. "So, what should I do? There are so many options, though; it can't be something that takes too long. Hmm, I won't be back in a body for awhile, so something simple will even satisfy me."