Chapter 13: Bye Adit!

Manik's POV

"Manik....you came." Nandani said as soon as I entred the room.

"Hmmm...." I said and slept on the bed. I felt Nandani approach near me but I shut my eyes completely.

"Manik are you okay?" She asked but I pretended to sleep. "Manik??......are you awake?" After a while I felt her take my shoes off and put a blanket on me. Why...why can't she see the feelings I have for her in my eyes? Why can't she get rid of her feelings for Adit? Why can't either one of us be happy? That's it....Nandani needs to let go off me so that I can let go off her. It's the right time to end all of this.

Nandani's POV

I looked for Manik as soon as I woke up but he wasn't there. He has been acting weird lately or maybe he doesn't want to talk about yesterday's event. Dhruv wanted to do it all by himself while Manik wanted his friend to succeed....who can be blamed for all the things that cooped up between two friends. I guess Cabir was right, these guys have all messed up their relationships. I wish Manik and Dhruv could be a little mature and talk it out rather than hurting each other within. Let me make Manik's favorite dishes for lunch and take it to his office. Manik will understand and solve it with Dhruv if I can feed his empty brain too.

Butter chicken, roti, dal fry and jeera rice and of course, rasgulla.....all his favorite. I packed it all and rushed to his office. Just then I saw Adit in Cabir's car outside Manik's office. I was generally going to go say hi to him but I stopped when I heard his words.

"You know the crazy girl who liked me in high school....I met her again here. Yeah...Nandani Murthy." He said and I was shocked. He stopped as soon as he saw me in the mirror and got out of the car. "Nandani..."

"Stop!! You knew all along that I was Nandani, you knew that I was pretending too and making a fool out of myself but still you kept quiet. Once again you turned me into a joke Adit!" I said with so much furry that I was almost about to cry. But not now, I must let everything out that I had kept in for so so long. I want to live. "I wanted you to know about how it feels when your feelings get hurt....and that's what I intended to do with you just as you did with me. You were a minor crush to me....that letter you got hold off was never meant for you. But because of you making my stupid feelings into a mere joke, my either life took a halt at that point. I stopped living my life Adit...!! Because of you, I started hating each and everything about me. I started being scared of myself, everyone around me....I went into a nutshell because of all the words you said in front of everyone in college. You were just supposed to remain a crush but you ended up being my first love. Why Adit? Why couldn't you just have considered that your actions could have ended up destroying someone's life. But your ego had raised so much beyond the point that only your popularity mattered to you back then. Did I ever come confess my feelings to you? Did I ask you to like me back? Did I deserve to become a joke in the entire college? Could you not have let me like you for a while and let me forget about you??? You ended up ruining everything for me Adit!" I finished and tears made their way out.

"Nandani....I am so so sorry. I was too naïve back then, I didn't think that something so silly could have caused so much harm. That's why when I saw you again, I was scared to face you because I knew I had been too wrong with you. I understood it at that very moment when my true feelings turned into a joke for someone I loved with all my heart. You couldn't take revenge on me but Karma happened and it didn't feel good at all. I am so sorry to have done this to you. Please forgive me." He said meaning it sincerely. But I didn't want his apology, neither did I have anything against him....I just wanted to let it all out of me, I just wanted him to know that I was worth it, I just wanted to tell myself that I was worth it. Like an idiot, I cried everything out that I had held it for year. Adit hugged me and comforted me, he finally let me have it all out. "Is it all out?" He said and tickled me.