Chapter 17: You are shinning so much!

Manik's POV
I shouldn't have agreed to Nandani's childish talks, I should have just given her the divorce papers and ended this. I can't believe that I am still looking for excuses to be close to her! And now this invitation! Why did this business event have to happen now and why do I need to bring my wife!! Ahh....Life just doesn't give it easy to me! I placed the divorce papers in the closet before Nandani came into the room.

"I did agree to do whatever you wanted me to do but I keep getting curious about what you want me to do. So can you tell me what is it about?" She asked. Why is she so cheerful around me?

"It would be better if I tell you after fulfilling your condition. If I tell you now, then it's possible that I won't be able to make it with you on that day." I said.

"No...No...No, You have to make it to that otherwise I will be in a great loss!" Nandani said.

"Why are you shinning so much today?" I asked out of curiosity. "I have never seen you like this before, at least not with me?"

Nandani's POV
He asked me a question which has an answer that I can't accept nor deny. I was a coward indeed! "I guess it's your effect!" I said twisting my feelings.

"What do you mean by that?" He asked being confused.

Now what do I say? "What I mean...." I stopped as I saw an envople in his hand, this will be a good way to change the topic. "What is that?" I asked.

"Oh.....this, well one of our associate has thrown a party tonight. He will decide which company will get the deal then. For this party you need to come with me, will you......?" He asked.

"Of course, but you will have to take me for shopping now! Looking at the invitation, it will be a formal event and I don't think I have anything good except sarees and indian dresses." I explained my situation.

"Okay, give me ten minutes." He said and got ready.

Manik's POV
You can select whatever you want, let me know when you are done. I will be just here." I said but she put her hand around mine and dragged me in. I was taken back with her actions.

"What do you mean you will be just here, who is going to help me select the dress. Besides, I am not very good with shopping for myself. I always need somebody and I like your choice so you must help me." She said. I am not able to understand this sudden change in her.

She had tried 8 dresses and now on her way to try the ninth one. "Manik, I don't like this one either. Please can you do something rather than just standing there!" She said being frustrated.

I remember what happened last time when we came shopping. She was willing to do anything for that Adit guy, would she wear something I suggested? "Try this." I said showing her a dress which I was sure would make her uncomfortable.

"You like this dress?" She asked not being sure if she would be able to pull it off

"Yeah." I said noticing the discomfort on her face.