06 | succumbing to sin

Authors Note: This chapter contains mildly graphic depictions of sex so if you don't feel comfortable, PLEASE DO NOT READ. Characters in this chapter indulge in an excessive indulgence of alcohol which I do not condone and is way over the limit according to UK guidelines. Please know that I advise safe alcohol consumption.

I hope you guys enjoy, please let me know what you think of Kylie and Elijah and where you think the story is going! And please vote if you enjoyed it!

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

The sound of glass shattering radiated all the way up to Elijah and Jess's bedroom.

"Jess, did you hear that?" Elijah immediately woke up and sat up in their bed, prodding Jess gently on her shoulder. The only response heard from Jess was some inarticulate moaning sounds before she rolled over onto her front in the bed.

Elijah decided to ignore the sound, maybe it was just a figure of his imagination. As he shut his eyes and waited for sleep to takeover, the sound of glass clinking against the floor startled him again and Elijah convinced himself that burglars had entered their home.

He jumped out of bed, not bothering to wake Jess up this time. He searched their bedroom for an object blunt enough to knock the burglars out but not heavy enough to cause too much serious damage.

Nothing.

He stretched his hand out in the dimly lit room, reaching for the wardrobe door. He felt around the large space until he found Jess's golf club.

Since childhood, Jess and her father would play golf once a month (occasionally, Cody too). Jess's father had always claimed Jess to be a prodigy which was probably correct if the amount of medals Jess had won were any indication.

Elijah tentatively began to make his way down the stairs, conscious of how silly he looked clutching Jess's club in his hand.

Soon, he heard a woman's voice; gentle and sobbing.

"...I let him touch me in places that no thirteen-year-old should ever be touched. I did it for you, dad."

Kylie. A very drunk Kylie.

Elijah was already very aware of Kylie and her fathers' severely damaged relationship from both Jess and Pattie's stories. Although, he'd known of Kylie's and Jax's difficulties with paying the rent from a young age, he had little knowledge of the extent of the situation and to what degrees the two had gone to in order to keep a roof over their heads and some food in their fridge.

He heard Kylie continue to sob and speak; gradually her slurred speech became difficult for him to comprehend at all.

Elijah sighed deeply, he knew that Kylie's childhood story was a heart breaking one but he wasn't sure he wanted to know how deep her wounds truly were. Maybe more for his sake.

"Kylie? What are you doing down here?" His shadow loomed in the doorway before he switched the lights on and found a very vulnerable, and shaking Kylie in a baggy white T-shirt, her bloody hands pressing her legs against her chest as she rocked back and forth.

"Fuck, what's wrong with your hand?" He rushed into the kitchen, not waiting for the response that never came. He searched the shelves for the emergency first-aid kit before running back into the lounge to begin attending to Kylie's arm.

Kylie peered blankly up at Elijah as he began cleaning the wound silently and then bandaging it up. Elijah noticed the broken vodka bottle sitting beside Kylie, picked it up and walked into the kitchen, ready to empty the contents down the sink.