vii || ❝ ALONE TIME ❞

[EDITED]

ONCE Josh and I arrived at the lodge, Chris and Ashley were on the couch, a good distance away from one another. The atmosphere was awkward, which was obvious from the fight between Jess and Emily left the witnesses in shock.

"What you did for your sister was cool," Ashley remarked.

Chris agreed, "Yeah. I could've never stepped up like that."

I thanked the both of them for their comments on how brave and courageous I was. Being the people they are, though, they still kinda complimented me about it. I didn't care, though.

That's what sisters are for. Friends too. And family, of course. We defend one another. It's not a learned thing, but rather an instinctive trait. Our gut tells us to either not say anything, or speak up. I cannot let such a thing to where my somewhat friend name calls my sister.

Sorry, Jess, family comes first. Jess and Mike are officially going to get coal for Christmas.

Mike, for cheating on my sister, and Jess, because the fight she just picked with my sister—and being dumb enough to think she would win it.

Jess, 0-1. Emily, 1-0.

My phone buzzed. I pulled out my device to see that Josh had left me a message. I placed in my password, and I was directly taken to the message.

Josh : Chris and Ashley need something to do. Any ideas?

I looked up to see Josh in the corner, and I smiled looking down at my iPhone and texting him back.

Essence: Give them something to go do. Alone! 👉🏻👌🏻👏🏻💯💦👅

Josh didn't have to respond, because he walked into the living room. Chris and Ashley's heads lifted up, looking at him.

Josh explained to them their task, "I have a spirit board, the Oujia Board lying around here somewhere. Could you guys go and find it together?" He asked Ashley and Chris.

"Yes!" Ashley jumped off the couch and encouraged Chris, "C'mon, Chris! It'll be like a scavenger hunt!"

Since Chris wasn't moving an inch, Ashley had the fun of dragging him out of the room, in search of finding the Oujia Board.

I noted with sarcasm, "Yay! We get to play with spirits."

To add some excitement, adding on with my joking phrase, I did jazz hands. Jazz hands solve everything.

"Here," Josh smiled, "Let's go watch a movie or something."

Just as we were going to do our own thing, I heard Sam's voice echo through the lodge.

"Josh! You have no warm water for the bath!" She shouted, complaining.

Josh chuckled, "Haven't you been up there for 30 minutes? And now you figure out how to get the water turned on for that bath?"

"No!" Sam replied, "I've just been looking around. It's so different now that the police have been walking in and out of the lodge. And I was just about to get in the bathtub before I found out the water is freezing!"