Chapter 1 - Flowers of Despair - Daily Life

(A/N 12/22/17: I'm going to rewrite this sooner or later. Actually, prolly all the parts until Chapter 3)  

After we left the gym, we all headed to the dormitory. None of us were in the mood to explore our new forever home, not too many were hungry, either. However, we could go to the dining hall if we so desired, but I wasn't starving. Silence had followed us out of the gym, and trailed behind us like a baby chick. 

We soon found our dorm rooms, mine being #3. The classmates surrounding me were Hoshiko, Masami, Akihiro, Toshiro, and Kaori. The dorms were separated into two hallways, all leading to the main area. Monokuma had left our dorm keys with our names on our doorknobs, taunting us as if we had all accepted being confined here already. The despair still hung amidst us all, gnawing at us like hungry dogs. We all deserved some alone time.

As soon as I stepped inside mine, the monitor came to life. At first, it only displayed static. It soon materialized, and Monokuma appeared. The audio wasn't the clearest, but clear enough that we could understand. 

"Ahem, this is a school announcement. Your dorm keys should've been hanging from the doorknobs, so I am guessing you're in your rooms right now. The stuff you brought to the academy are set by your bed. These dorms were designed to ensure every need you may have. Now, please direct your attention to your left."

My black suitcase and duffel bag were set by my bed as mentioned. The room had a desk in the corner for work, and a wardrobe for clothes. On my right was a door leading into the bathroom. To my left was a sitting area with 3 comfy chairs, and the table I was told to look at. On the surface was something that looked like a phone. I slowly walked over to pick it up, the news from earlier bearing a heavy weight on my mind.

"These are your e-handbooks. These are very important, so don't lose them! It displays your name when you turn it on, and a map of the floor you are on. You can use it to verify things you borrow from the school, and to enter some places. It also stores evidence for class trials! And the most important thing is that they contain the rules and regulations, so you gotta go over them. I know if you do or don't, because of the cameras installed in the dorms. Puhuhuhu~"

A small click, and the monitor screen turned off. A chill crept up my spine, and I spotted the camera Monokuma had brought up. With eyes burning into my back, I nervously turned on my e-handbook. My name was shown, and it brought me to the home screen. With a trembling finger, I tapped on "Rules and Regulations". A number appeared on screen, with a rule underneath.

"1. Students may only reside within the school. Leaving campus is an unacceptable use of time."

"2. With minimal restrictions, you are free to explore Future's Promise Academy at your discretion."

"3. Nighttime is from 10 p.m to 7 a.m. Some areas are off-limits at night, so please exercise caution."

"4. Sleeping anywhere other than the dormitory will be seen as sleeping in class and punished accordingly."

"5. Violence against Headmaster Monokuma is strictly prohibited, as is destruction of surveillance cameras."

"6. Anyone who kills a fellow student and becomes "blackened" will graduate, unless they are discovered."

"7. Once a murder takes place, a class trial will begin shortly thereafter. Participation is mandatory for all surviving students."

"8. If the guilty party is exposed during the class trial, they alone will be executed."

"9. If the guilty party is not exposed, they alone will graduate, and all remaining students will be executed."

"10. The guilty party may only kill a maximum of two people during any single killing game."