Chapter 6

(Y/N) pushed open the door of her home, entering the building as her father was walking from the kitchen to her right, to the living area to her left, a partially eaten donut clutched in his hand. (Y/N)'s father was a rather young and fairly tall man, with short, (H/C) hair and kind brown eyes. The man looked over upon noticing his daughter and smiled.

"Oh, hey, Kiddo." He said, causing (Y/N) to smile at the nickname she was so fond of.

"Hey!" She said, her smile beaming. The man chuckled, catching sight of the small detail.

"You seem happy. Did Chiyo decide not to make you carry her home on your back, today?" He asked, half sarcastic. (Y/N) replied with a short chuckle, before shaking her head.

"Actually, I didn't even walk home with Eishun and Chiyo, today." She replied, placing her schoolbag onto the ground, to rest her arm, which was aching from carrying the multitude of books that were present inside. This simple statement surprised the girl's father.

"Seriously? You always walk with them." The man commented, leaning against the living area doorframe in which he was standing in.

"I know, but I met up with some old friends earlier today, and we walked home together." (Y/N) answered. (Y/N)'s father tilted his head, curiosity piqued.

"Old friends?" He repeated the previous statement, expectantly waiting for a reply.

"Yeah, from before we moved here." The girl replied.

"Oh, really? What're their names? Maybe I'll remember them." Her father said, finishing off his pastry. (Y/N) snorted and shrugged.

"I doubt you'd remember them, but alright. Their names are Hitoshi, Seiji, Jun, and Takeshi." She replied, ticking off her fingers at the mention of each name. Her father placed a finger to his chin, trying to recall any memories that would match faces to the names.

"Hmm...I feel like I've heard those names before, but I can't remember their faces." He said, tapping his chin once. (Y/N) shrugged in reply to her fathers words and hoisted her bag onto her shoulder once more.

"(Y/N)!" A call of her name directed the girl's attention towards the kitchen. A short boy came running through the entryway. "Finally, you're home." He said, irritation clearly evident in his voice.

"Oh, hey, Amano." She said, disregarding his irked tone, which managed to bother him even more. Amano huffed in annoyance. The miffed boy standing before (Y/N) was the girl's younger brother. He was a few inches shorter than the female, with short black hair and pretty hazel eyes.

"Where have you been?" He asked, his eyebrows knitting together as he folded his arms across his chest.

"Out." Was his sisters short reply. This brief comment aided in provoking the younger boy further.

"Well, you were supposed to come home and help me out with the chores." Amano informed (Y/N). The (E/C) eyed girl blinked slowly, before she smacked her forehead with the palm of her head, squeezing her eyes shut as she remembered the agreement that the two siblings had made that morning.

"Ah, I'm so sorry Amano." She apologize. "I kind of got caught up with something and completely forgot." Her brother's expression remained irritated, his frown still set in place. Every second that passes by, (Y/N) could feel holes being burnt into her forehead, due to his glares. Amano had always had a special gift for making people feel disappointed in themselves when he was angry at them. Seeing this, (Y/N) tried to make peace with her sibling. "How about this? Whatever chores you didn't get to, I'll finish for you. Does that sound okay?" She asked, waiting for her brother's irritation to waver. Amano's gaze softened, as he considered the proposal. Finally, he sighed and nodded.