Chapter Nineteen

"Beep... Beep... Beep..."

Could someone please turn that off. I groaned as the machine continued to disturb my sleep. I moved trying to regain some comfort when I felt something heavy lying against my stomach. I opened my eyes the see Zanders hulk arms around my stomach as his head lay next to me on the side of my bed.

It wasn't even my bed. I was familiar with this, it was a hospital bed. That's when I remembered everything that happened.

"Hey", Zander said his voice groggy with sleep as he looked up at me.

"You're awake."

"I guess," I said not really knowing what to say.

"Do you know how lucky you were, you were shot with a silver bullet. Clara you do know where not bullet proof right?" He said chuckling, I nodded yes in understanding. He picked up my hand and kissed it lightly before tracing his thumb over it.

"I swear Clara, seeing you in wills arms. God Clara. I swear if you ever do that again..." He said trailing of.

"Do what..." I was confused what did I do that made him so upset.

"Die, Clara. You died, your heart stopped beating. Clara it killed me, if you ever die again I will die to. I can't go back to a world without you." He had tears slowly falling down his face. I reached my hand up and stroked his face, wiping away the tears.

"It's okay now look," I said grabbing his hand and placing it on my chest, so he could feel the beating of my heart.

"I'm okay," I said before kissing him lightly on the lips. He nodded, before there was a light knocking in the door.

"Come in," Zander called out. Not shortly after his replied did the door open revelling Will and Elanor, Elanor had been laughing at something will had said. It excited me so much that they were getting along they looked really happy together. He froze as soon as he saw me awake, Elanor's gaze also fell down on me. She smiled before looking to Zander who nodded before standing up and leaving the room along with her.

"Clara, you listen now and you listen carefully. If you ever and I mean ever, sacrifice yourself for me I will ground your ass so hard, you won't be able to walk again." He said sternly before he smiled and then pulled me into a tight hug.

"So when did you and Elanor get so close, last thing knew you hadn't even spoken a word to each other." I said giggling a little at the end. Will was now blushing.

"You, I was upset about you she comforted me. The rest is just... I don't know, history." He laughed before, he hugged me again. We talked awhile before Zander an Elanor walked back in food in hand. Elanor handed Will a Burger. Zander then walked forward and gave me and ice cream. I squealed like a girl, when I saw it. It was my favourite topping to chocolate fudge. We all ate together and talked for a bit before Will and Elanor left leaving me and Zander alone, just then a nurse had come in and told me that I was okay and could leave. She gave zander a list of things I was not allowed to do and left.

In no time Zander had us out of their stating he couldn't wait to get me out of that place. I swear Zander was going a million kilometres an hour at the rate he was driving. Surly another we arrived home.

When we walked in I was surprised as many faces where there to greet me, welcoming me home. They were all my pack members and I understood their need to worry for their Luna. Packs could rarely survive without a Luna. Though some wolves never found their mate once a Luna is welcomed into a pack, the bond crested is strong, she is like that packs mother and without her a pack can go rouge or become depressed.

"Welcome home Luna!" they all shouted.

"Clara!" I heard Olsan scream before I was tackled to the ground by her. Zander quickly picked me up before growling at her for knocking me over. I only swatted him away before I began to talk to Olson, apparently she knew Elanor. In fact they had been friends since they were children.

We shortly spotted Elanor and spent the rest of the night chatting together, we were growing quite close the three of us. We had started taking about our mates when one of the pack warriors, who I recognised as James, came bursting through the door. He had a trail of blood slowly drizzling down his fore-head.

Zander ordered the room to be clear leaving Zander, myself, Sydney, Olsan, Will and Elanor with James. I grabbed a rag and dipped it in water before placing  it in his head to clean his head from the blood which had now stopped flowing as it was healed.

"Speak!" Zander commanded in his alpha tone.

"Masie, Alpha. She's gone!" He said.

"How is that even possible, I killed her myself!" Will growled out getting angry with the situation.

"She was, but then this woman came in, she claimed to be from the Grienfield pack, but I couldn't smell wolf on her so I went to find her and  saw her over Maisie's body before she began breathing again. They then knocked me out. I swear this is the truth Alpha." James said hastily.

"Here's I'll show you," he said knowing we still were not quite sure if the situation. Quickly enough James memory's flooded through my mind as he showed up what he has seen. What he claimed was true. You could not fake memories, Masie was alive.

Seriously, when will I ever get a break.
*
*
*
So what do you guys think of that one, I'm sorry the chapter was updated a bit late but I had a bit of writers block. Hopefully I should update another chapter this week.
Love ya
Rugrat Out ✌️