Must Reads - Silence by princessharley

Author; princessharley

Title; Silence

Link to story; http://www.wattpad.com/1411730-silence-book-i-silence-chapter-1

Mobile Code; 1411730

Genre; Romance, Mystery 

Rating; PG-13

Status; Completed

Description;

Oakley was a happy, chatty little girl but that all changed when shortly after her fifth birthday, she stopped talking completely. Ten years on and not one word has passed her lips. Cole has stuck by her their whole life, protecting her from the bullies at school. He won’t give up on helping her talk again but it puts a huge strain on their friendship as Oakley pushes him away. Is he getting too close? Oakley’s parents try everything they can to get her to talk but she refuse help from anyone. No doctor or therapist has ever been able to get close enough to even talk to her; she won’t even walk into the doctor’s surgery. Can her family convince her to get help or will she remain silent forever?

 My Opinion;

Despite Oakley not even uttering a word in almost eleven years the bond herself and Cole share is remarkable. I love that Cole has stood by her through everything and didn't treat her like everyone did, her treated her like a equal and most importantly normal. The way Cole can understand how she is thinking and feeling , even when family members can't just shows how close they are. Oakley remains so strong through out the story, which I know that if I was in a similar situation I wouldn't be able to do. The reason for her not talking is so unexpected and not one I think anyone saw coming. The ending is sad though and admittedly I did cry, the up side though is that that there is a second book. 

Associated Stories: Broken Silence ( Book 2) - ongoing