019. show you

Annabelle woke up the next morning with a pounding headache. She looked around her room, unable to keep herself from smiling when she landed on Dom sleeping peacefully beside her.

As her head cleared, though, she suddenly felt ridiculously uneasy about everything that had happened between them the night before. It wasn't because she was changing her mind about trusting him, because she wasn't. It was mostly just the fact that she'd never allowed herself to be so vulnerable to someone and it made her uncomfortable.

She got out of bed quietly, making her way out to her small balcony to smoke a cigarette. She sat in silence for a few minutes before the glass door behind her opened and she heard Dom step outside, his bare feet padding on the wood of the balcony.

"Morning," he said, his voice scratchy and unbelievably sexy. He sat in the chair across from her, looking at her curiously.

"Morning," she said, surprised when there was a lump in the back of her throat. Dom watched her, obviously able to tell that she was building up to say something. "I'm sorry about last night," she said finally, and he looked at her like he had no idea what she meant. "I'm sorry that I dumped all of that on you. I don't know why I told you. It's just been so long since I've talked about it and it felt like it was going to crush me if I didn't say something to someone. I'm sorry that someone ended up being you. I'm sorry I burdened you with it," she told him, and he was immediately shaking his head and moving across the balcony to her.

"I'm honored that you trust me enough to share that with me, Belles. It's not a burden in any way," he told her, taking her hand and kissing the back of it. "I want to be here for you. The sooner you believe that when I say it, the better off we'll be," he said, smiling at her in such a sweet way that she thought her heart might melt right there in her chest.

"Dom... I don't know how to do this. The whole... relationship thing. I've never really had one that wasn't painfully toxic and awful," she told him, and he nodded.

"Let me show you," he said, pulling her up so that she was standing in front of him. "Let me show you that this can work."

"Okay," she whispered, tears in her eyes. He smiled at her, his eyes shining in the morning sun.

"I'm not going to say it just yet, but just remember that it's true," he said, referring to the 'l' word, and she knew exactly what he was talking about. She nodded, pushing herself into his embrace. She felt him kiss the top of her head as a single happy tear floated down her cheek.

•••••

a/n: more drama soon, oops.