034. they know

Annabelle rolled her eyes in the passenger seat of Dom's car, tossing her phone over her shoulder for Matt to look at. He did so, scoffing at the article.

"What?" Dom asked from the driver's seat, squeezing Annabelle's thigh lightly.

"Just another stupid article about me," she explained, picking his hand up and kissing the back of it. "Thank you guys for taking care of me," she said, her gaze switching between the two of them.

They were on their way to the Shadowhunters set so that Annabelle could meet everyone and she was just slightly nervous. Without really thinking about it, she pulled the sleeves of her thick sweater down snug over the bandages that were still on her wrists. Dom took her hand and kissed it.

"Don't be nervous," he told her, like he'd almost been able to sense it.

"They already love you," Matt piped up from the back seat, putting his hand on her shoulder.

"I know. I just... they know what happened, right? They know it wasn't really a suicide attempt or anything right, that it was just something I did while fucked up and now I'm done with all that and on my way to getting better?" she asked for about the millionth time. Dom nodded.

"They know, love. They know you've made mistakes just like everyone else in the world and they know you're trying to better yourself. Don't worry about it. They're not going to judge you for anything, Belles," he reassured her, smiling as he squeezed her thigh again. She nodded, knowing he was right.

"I love you guys so much," she told both of them, glancing at Matt in the rear view mirror.

"We love you too, Belles. I mean after all, he's your boyfriend and I'm your honorary best friend. We have to love you," Matt said, making her smile.