CHAPTER TWENTY-TWO

╔═══════════════╗
Fate
Chapter Twenty-Two
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

Charlie's car pulled up to the studio that The Vampires Diaries cast is rehearsing. Outside stood Ian Somerhalder, waiting for the Geordie's car to arrive. An excited squeal slipped past her lips as the car came to a halt, allowing her to exit the vehicle in her army green parka and a pair of waterbug sunglasses. "Hello, Smolderhalder," she greeted the actor with a wide smile, causing his nose to crinkle. "Charlie," he responded, pressing his palm to the middle of her back. "You've got fifteen minutes to get in his trailer. I'll take you to Nina's, where Candice will grab you and take you to Kat's, where Steven with help you to Paul's trailer." The instructions made Charlie's head spin with excitement. She was so ready to see Paul. The two snuck quietly through the back way to Nina's trailer, which blared some loud pop music Charlie was able to recognize. Ian rolled his eyes, knocking on the door. The door swung open, four hands jerking the British girl's small body inside.

"Ah! Charlie!" Candice squealed, wrapping her arms around the Geordie. Both girls squeezed the other tightly, Charlie's eyes shining as she smiled. "You look amazing," Nina commented, moving to take her turn with Charlie. The brunette smiled, breathing in the sweet scent of Nina's perfume. "I bet twenty dollars he screams like a girl," Candice puts in, causing the Dobrev girl to smirk. "Thirty he cries." They both spat out "deal," in unison, shaking hands. "Let's go, Charlie. Gotta get you to Kat's trailer," the Forbes actress hummed, peering out the window to Nina's trailer. It was clear on the outside, which signaled Candice into moving. Her swift hands pulled the hood over Charlie's head and pushed her out the door, directing her straight towards Kat's trailer. "He's not going to cry. Nina always has to one up everyone," Candice mumbled, causing Charlie to muffle a laugh with her hand. "You never know. Maybe I'm that special," she joked. Candice only smiled knowingly at the girl before knocking loudly on a trailer door.

Kat swung the door open, Steven R. McQueen sitting on the sofa behind her, demanding Kat to move her large head. "Come in!" she whisper shouted, taking Charlie's hand and helping her up the stairs. She was so glad she had only worn her Doc Martens and not a pair of heels. She stepped into the trailer, Kat shutting the door behind her, and was enveloped into a hug by Mr McQueen. "You're even prettier in person," he told her, pulling back to see the blush creep along her cheeks. "Okay, Mr. Flirtatious. My turn." Katherine pulled Charlie into a tight hug, her hair smelling of Bedhead Hairspray, one of Charlie's favorite hair products. "I missed you guys," she commented against the girl's hair, tightening her eyes shut. "We missed you too, babe. But Paul definitely missed you more. Steven, can you go ahead and help her into his trailer?" Charlie wanted to pout about leaving so soon, but the excitement of seeing Paul again was washing over her like the tsunami in Godzilla. "Right this way, m'lady," he joked, leading her towards the door.

Charlie could see the makeup trailer from the steps of Kat's trailer. Her heartbeat sped up as Steven pulled her close, moving so quick toward the tin home. She held her breath as he opened the door, allowing her to step into it without being seen. "He'll be here in ten minutes. Make yourself at home," he whispered, causing her to smile a tight lipped smile. After he closed the door, a gust of air blew past her full lips, her cheeks deflating. She was so nervous. Last time she met him, she was too scared to talk to him. The second time was a little better, but Nina and Nat were there, too. Now they'll be alone. She sat in one of the chairs, picking up a foundation brush and grazing the bristles over a slightly used hand towel. The artists seemed to clean their brushes often, more often than Charlie did.

Ten minutes felt like forever, but when the trailer door opened, she couldn't help but turn to see Paul standing there, eyes directed toward his phone. She fought the urge to giggle, wanting to toy with him. "Well, hello, Paul," she greeted in her best American accent. He not once looked up. He only moved into the trailer and took her spot in the chair. She stood behind him, running her fingers through his hair. "I was just talking to Nina about you and Charlotte. She's a cutie," she spoke, earning a smile to cross his face. "Yeah, she is. Sadly, she's not texting me back, though." She grinned, knowing her phone wasn't on silent. "Why don't you text her again?" He nodded, his thumbs flying over the keyboard before hitting the send button. Her phone suddenly dinged, causing his head to snap up.

Seeing her was like heaven on earth to Paul. His eyes were wide with shock, but he moved so fast to pull her into his arms. He nearly knocked the chair over, her small body completely encased between his arms. "Oh my, God. You're here," he mumbled in her natural curls, his eyes screwed shut so tight, he thought that if he would open them, she'd be gone. "I'm here," she told him with a giggle, breathing in the mintyness of his breath. "You look gorgeous," he told her, pulling away only slightly to look at her. She crinkled her nose, thanking him gently. His face was so close to hers, it was distracting. Soon, the trailer door opened to reveal their friends, causing them to break apart almost immediately. "Surprise!" they all screamed in unison, even joined by Julie Plec. "You'll get to see her in a moment, Paul. I need to speak with her real fast," Julie told him, smiling at everyone as Charlie shyly walked down the trailer steps.

What could this be about?

────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ──────

AUTHOR'S NOTE;

awe charlie surprised paul❤️
i missed them so much.
more chapters to come soon, babes.