CHAPTER FIFTY-EIGHT

╔═══════════════╗
Fate
Chapter Fifty-Eight
╚═══════════════╝

                *☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚ ゜゚*☆*゚                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊    ┊        ┊                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ┊   ˚✩ ⋆。˚ ✩                  ┊         ┊       ┊   ✫                  ┊         ┊       ✩                     ...

                ** ゜゚** ゜゚** ゜゚**

                  ˚ ˚

                   ✯

                 Charlotte sat in her hotel room, a notepad in hand. The girls were all out partying on their last night of being in America, but Charlie couldn't bring herself to do it. The Notebook played softly on the television, but the girl wasn't paying attention. Her hand was curving against the page, lyrics dotting on the paper like a masterpiece. She lowly hummed, despite her incessant sniffling, creating the melody in her head. After ghosting Paul, to which her management requested, she had been forced to spend a lot of time with Kyle. It was mainly to promote both of their albums. Charlie wasn't sure, though, if she cared whether or not their album reached a bigger success. Not if it meant she lost that man that she loves... loved. "...Just a touch of your love is enough to.... knock me off of my feet all week," she sang gently, scratching the lyrics onto the paper.

She was pulled out of her thoughts by a knock at her door. At first she was going to ignore it, but the continuous, rhythmic knocking flooded her with curiosity. She crawled out of her bed, slipped her feet into her slippers, and stepped quietly toward the door. "I'm coming," she spoke so softly, her Geordie accent thick. She unlocked the bolt and slid the chain, pulling open the door. Paul stood in the doorway, a dark hoodie pulled over his sandy brown hair. Her dull, brown eyes widened at the sight of him. She went to speak, but he only pushed past her and into the room. He shut the door with his foot, his hands holding onto her shoulders as he backed her up. "Paul," she whispered, her lips instantly attaching to his. His kiss was so passionate and tender, every emotion he was feeling being poured into that kiss. "Mm," she hummed, hot tears rolling down her face.

"Tell me you don't feel anything for me," he whispered, his forehead against her. "Tell me you don't feel anything and I'll leave you alone. For good.." Their eyes connected, Charlie's lip trembling. "Paul..." His fingers caressed her cheeks, holding her so close. "I love you, too," she whispered, finally breaking into sobs. "I love you so much, Pawel.. But we can't be together." He shook his head. Their bodies were pressed together, their tears falling at rapid paces. "We can't, we can't." Her hands cupped his face, fingers running tenderly against his hair. "Why not, Charlie? We love each other.." She shook her head, pulling back. Her eyes were closed tightly, a sob breaking past her lips. "My contract... I went against it, and they're getting back at me. They told me that they'll ruin us if I don't get back together with Kyle." Anger pulsated through Paul, his jaw tense. "I'm so sorry. I am so sorry."

His lips pressed against hers firmly, tasting the salt from her tears and the sweetness of her favorite Lip Smackers chapstick. He pushed her back until she was against the hotel wall, their lips molding into a beautiful masterpiece. It was heated, and their hands travelled around the other's body for the last time. "I love you, Charlotte," he whispered, kissing from her cheek, to her jawline. "I love you Pawel," she whispered before gasping at the placement of his lips. He bit down on her shoulder, his hips rocking into hers. She attempted to pull him closer, desperate to feel him against her. "I'm sorry," she whimpered, running her fingers through his hair. "Let me love you one last time," he requested softly, his eyes brimming with tears. She pressed a soft kiss to his lips, nodding her head. "Yes, yes, yes. Please."

────── {⋅. ♪ .⋅} ──────

                         He ran his fingertips against her bare back, his eyes scanning the words scribbled across the notebook pages. "Inspired by Pawel," he read aloud with a grin, pointing at the signature, paired with a cute drawn heart. "You said those words to me once. They stuck," she mumbled against her pillow, her face buried into it. "How's it go?" Charlie picked her head up, smiling at him. "Just a touch," — "Just a touch," Paul sang, clearly out of tune. Charlie continued anyway with a large smile. "–of your love is enough to knock me off of my feet all week." She laughed, shaking her head. "What? Was it that bad?" he chuckled, discarding the notebook. He leant down, capturing her lips in a sweet kiss. She hummed against his lips, fingers catching his chin. "I love you," she told him, watching his lips curl into a smile. "And I love you."

The sun shone through the white curtains, telling the two their time was nearly up. "I'm going to miss you, Charlie..." He ran his lips along her jawline, hand caressing the nape of her neck. His thumb ran against her throat, sending shivers down her spine. "Please don't ignore me, though. I won't be able to live without you." She sighed, her eyes fluttering open. "I'll try, my love. It's just... Kyle has been extra protective since I told him my feelings for you." Paul shook his head, kissing her temple. "Screw Kyle. Fate is on our side. I just know it." They were pulled out of their thoughts when Charlie's phone rang. It was time for Charlie to leave.

"Pawel," she whispered, pulling his face closer. Their noses brushed. "There's no such thing as fate."

THE END.