Time to go

I sighed as my eyes opened to the light filling in from the morning sun. Today we would be going home, back to my pack with Ariven as my Alpha mate now.

Guess my brother will be the next beta now that Ariven is my mate.

"Good morning Gem." The door opens and the smell of food wafts towards my nose as Ariven steps forward, a smile on his lips.

"Good morning Boo." I answer back sleepily as I shift my body to a sitting position. I was completely and utterly exhausted from the last few weeks after battling the Soulless King. We had managed to save about one hundred wolves who were just regular rogues that the S.King had stolen from other packs and we had either found their families or - on the rare occasions - welcomed wolves into one of the three packs.

Lost in thought I didn't realize that Ariven had sat down beside me and a tray of food was settled over my lap until he kissed my forehead, my eyes blinking as I feel the sparks I've become attached to.

"Stop worrying and start eating. We have a pack to get back to an a nursery to make." He playfully scolds and I roll my eyes before pulling his head down to my own and connecting out lips together.

"I know. Is everyone packed?" I ask as I turn back to chew on one of the sausages

"Yes." He chuckles and hands me a glass of pepper mint tea. Man I love this wolf.

"Good. What about the cars. Is everything in there?"

"Yes Gemie. Everyone is packed, all the cars are ready to go. And all that's left to do is go enjoy a barbecue at lunch then leave." I nodd and sigh, my hands reaching for another sausage until I realized that there was nothing there. I had eaten everything.

"Where do I get more food?" I ask quietly, A loud boom of laughter coming from my mate as he gets up and grabs my tray.

"Go for a shower and I'll be back with more food." He says before leaning down and capturing my lips with his, his teeth nipping the bottom lip so gently and I let out a moan.

"Maybe after you eat we can have dessert." He whispers against my ear and I shiver.

He leaves to quickly before I could say screw food and jump him and I take a deep breath, racing to the bathroom and quickly showering. I knew he would be back soon with all the food so I quickly dry off and grab the one thing that I packed that I didn't think I would need. Boy was I wrong.

Smiling I dress quickly and sit on the bed facing the door, my legs crossed as I lean back casually a smirk wich I how was sexy on my face.

"Gem I -" He stops as he pauses in the door way, his face a mask of surprise as he stares wide eyed at me.

"What's the matter? Pup got your tongue?" I ask in a low voice.

My hair was hanging down in loose curls as always with a little syrup to keep them smooth but I knew what caught his attention.

Me and my Head Tracker Abby had gone to the mall shopping and she had made me try on a one piece langerie set where most of it was bands of silk criss crossing across the body and the only solid fabric was the thong like bottom. The only part I had been uncomfortable with when I tried it on was that my nipples were exposed.

And this is what I had on now.

The door is slammed shut and the click of the lock is heard before I watch my mate set the tray down on the dresser, his body stalking towards me.

"Now my dear Mate, what are you wearing?" Ariven asks, bending down to trail his lips from my ear and down to my mark, shivers of pleasure running down my body.

"Just a little something comfortable." I whisper back, turning my face to kiss his neck an nip the sensitive skin.

That's all it took before I was pushed down onto the bed.

◆◇◆◇◆◇◆

"You do realized you shredded the one piece of langerie I own right?" I ask lazily as my fingers draw slow circles onto Ariven's chest.

"Yes I do and I regret it but I'll take you out to buy more." I giggle at his reply and snuggle closer to him, my body safe in his arms as he holds me tight.

"Gem. I love you. I've always loved you since your first shift. I knew right then you were my second chance mate and I guess I have your mom the thank for that. You're my best friend and I don't know what I would have done without you." He rushed out and at the end of his space I launch my lips into his and kiss him has hard as I could.

"I love you too Riv. You're everything I ever wanted and more." I felt tears falling down my face and land onto his and I couldn't help the goofy smile that formed on my lips.

"Let's go enjoy the barbecue and then head home." He says quietly and I felt myself being lifted into his arms as we pick out clothes for the day before packing what was left and dropping it off into my car.

From there we made our trek to the back yard of the pack house where the smell of food and sounds of music reached us.